Sourlands TM Session Sat 9/16 9am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
This month's TM session is Sat 9/16. 9am until whenever you want to leave. Work TBD. Meet at the main Sourlands parking lot and look for the Park Ranger truck. Tools and instruction will be provided, but please bring your own work gloves, sturdy shoes, bug spray and water.

Saturday 9/16/23 9am
421 E Mountain Rd
Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

https://jorba.org/civicrm/event/info/?id=334&reset=1

Last edited:
I'm out-of-town.
Damn, never make the official ones.....

This month's TM session is Sat 9/16. 9am until whenever you want to leave. Work TBD. Meet at the main Sourlands parking lot and look for the Park Ranger truck. Tools and instruction will be provided, but please bring your own work gloves, sturdy shoes, bug spray and water.

Saturday 9/16/23 9am
421 E Mountain Rd

Is that youth group helping out again?
Get them on the trimming and the Jorba folks could work on the rock line you had mentioned previously.

Just aligned with Rangers on the Saturday work plan. We will be focusing on the White trail Pipeline crossing area that was recently re-routed (River Bed connector by the red pipes). There's a bridge there that's no longer needed so we are going to dismantle it and see what wood can be reused. This should also help the drainage there as the bridge can sometimes get blocked up. We will also work on trimming and fine-tuning the little reroute, and if there's time/people, head toward Marker 6 for more trimming.

1694541190908.png

wait - where was it rerouted to?

that bridge was my last bad fall!

wait - where was it rerouted to?

that bridge was my last bad fall!
they just moved the trail on the south side to the east a bit so the Pipeline crossing is straight across instead of the jog the map shows.

Saturday 9/16/23 9am
421 E Mountain Rd

I'll be there.

Lots of work got done today. Thanks to Rangers Cary and Agnes, the high school youth group, little Cameron and his parents and @snashters and @JPark ! We disassembled the needless bridge, managing to salvage most of the wood to use elsewhere.
20230916_102108.jpg

20230916_112504.jpg

We also sured up the stream bank on the trail side of the stream to make sure the water went the correct way. The bridge ended up as more of a dam the past couple years. We sured up some stream crossings just down the trail from here as well.
Ranger Agnes whacked open the 4 way intersection at the pipeline
20230916_104945.jpg

20230916_104941.jpg

Then, after everyone left @snashters and I hiked the entire Riverbed trail to the bouldering area and down to Roaring Rocks, New Shoes and C Trail Climb trimming the bad stuff on the way.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions