Ceres Park Clean Up - January 2, 2011

the county (someone else) tore up all the remaining low bridges and features today

Went for a ride at Ceres today and ran into county workers cutting out the log overs. They were using the golf carts to carry their tools and the wood. The guy said "He felt bad about the situation and that he was only doing his job". Not only are all the structures gone; now the log overs are also being cut out.

It was tough to see what happended a month or so ago. I was hoping it was a mute issue at this point. From my limited knowledge, it sounded like the parties were willing to talk and work something out. Sorry to hear it is continuing. I enjoy riding Ceres, it will still be fun without the structures but they definitely added to the experience.

Tomasetti, we should meet up for a ride...I too live in Wenonah.

the problem is that's hard to make a good loop with out the low bridges, the 3 bridges section was my favorite and is now basically a unrideable area

Hey Glide, might be doing a group ride Friday morning. I'll post tomorrow night and let you know the time.

Thanks, I'll miss you by a half-hour. A buddy and I already planned to meet at 9:30. I'll be on a rust colored specialized and he rides a bright orange rigid. Have a Merry Christmas.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions