Group Ride Ringwood Friday 3/29 CANCELLED

If we had the ride at Sterling, is there a parking lot big enough for 30-40 people?

There are two lots to combine.

Laurel Pond has a two small lots and parking along the access road. With someone running parking you could fit 30 cars w/o problem

We based a trail ultra out of there. Worked out well

Like Patrick said, the short answer is yes. Caretakers lot can hold 30+ cars. The Sterling Forest visitors center is across the street, which has additional parking for at least 20 cars.
Sorry, correction @pooriggy: Laurel Meadow lot is across the street from the visitors center. That lot can also hold 30+ cars and should be the meeting spot.

If you go clockwise, you get to go down a trail that has picked up names like: "DH" and "shrederoni!!!". Most riders prefer clockwise. However, a seasoned climber would be good in either direction.

We ended up doing the new stuff CW. I don’t have any other attempts to compare it to.
Got it. I've done it CW every time, except once. The CCW was nice because I did a full loop, then rode up to the new stuff to take it back to the car. So, essentially that added mileage for the stretch from the start to the new stuff. I did like a few climbs in the CCW direction, but I prefer the "flow" of the whole thing in the CW direction.

Back
Top Bottom