NICA bike(s) -beg, borrow, or buy

the schwartz

Looking for a bike for my son, age 11, a little over 5'. We just did our first NICA event yesterday! He's riding, I'm coaching.

He needs a bigger bike, he's still on his 24 and it's no good.

I am posting with the goal of buying, but also curious if anyone has a bike they can lend him just to fill the gap while I find the "right" bike to buy.

Same exact story for his friend, who is joining the team with him, so ultimately looking for two bikes...

I am in Essex county.

Thanks!

Aaron

I have a small hardtail I built as a budget build you can borrow if you're interested. The frame is aluminum and unbranded but I think it's made by Gravity. It has a 1x10 MicroShift AdventX drive, Tektro Drako hydraulic brakes, 120mm air sprung Bucklos fork, and 29er wheels. It's just hanging in my garage. I was going to part it out this summer but if someone can use it then great.
20220716_151425.jpg

I'm looking into that as well, thank you!

Just not sure if those bikes are available immediately or need to get sent over by Trek... Going to talk to our team manager ASAP
yeah came to say also check with @KenS im 99.9% sure NICA has them already in their possession and you just need to apply/ask.

Loaner bikes are definitely an option. If you submitted a form send me your info and I can help out with that.

I also have an athlete who just moved up to a medium and they're looking to sell a Small Procaliber 9.5. it's sitting in my garage for a tune-up/once over. Let me know if you want pics/details

Loaner bikes are definitely an option. If you submitted a form send me your info and I can help out with that.

I also have an athlete who just moved up to a medium and they're looking to sell a Small Procaliber 9.5. it's sitting in my garage for a tune-up/once over. Let me know if you want pics/details
thanks! i haven't submitted the form, is that something i can do by myself online, or do i have to go through my team?

I'll pm you about the Trek! I do want to buy something for my son, ultimately, so that it's HIS bike (I'm pretty sure, conversely, that his friend's parents do not want to buy something so will need to get a Loaner regardless)

I have a small hardtail I built as a budget build you can borrow if you're interested. The frame is aluminum and unbranded but I think it's made by Gravity. It has a 1x10 MicroShift AdventX drive, Tektro Drako hydraulic brakes, 120mm air sprung Bucklos fork, and 29er wheels. It's just hanging in my garage. I was going to part it out this summer but if someone can use it then great.
View attachment 236242
you are simply amazing. PM sent.

All accurate info here, and thank you @Matt_ for providing the insider scoop. Matt is the NJ NICA skills zone manager and contracted maintainer of our loaner bike fleet, in addition to head coaching one of our amazing teams.

We prioritize financial need when issuing loaners, but currently have great stock thanks to the Tina and Richard V. Carolan Foundation and our friends at Trek and Jamis. We always offer them for sale to the receiving student at the end of the season. For new to the sport families, such as your friend you mentioned, this is a great incentive to get the student on better bike more permanently.

Feel free to pm (anyone reading this too) for my cell # if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.

you are more than welcome to borrow my 26" old Giant Tranz or Devinci Atlas 29" both are full suspension though. I am located in South Brunswick/Princeton area and close to 6MR. I can meet you there if interested for your son to try the bikes on the trail.

Back
Top Bottom