Wanted - Rear wheel 27.5 45mm 27.5", 148 x 12mm thru-axle

iman29

Hey All,

so maybe you saw that last week on only my 3rd MTB ride in the last few months I trashed my rear wheel after I caught a stick in my spokes.

Figured before I buy something off FB or ebay I ask around here since 27.5" is dead šŸ˜ , you might have something hanging around your garage or shop that you don't need. I'm on a budget here and my MTB isn't my main jam but I do enjoy the occasional ride - mostly with you folks! I am not too concerned about matching it up with another OEM wheel just something functional.

This is the link to my bike specs for reference (my bike is the raw aluminum color)

The only confusing part for me given I have less MTB technical knowledge is the current cassette is a CS-M8000 which is a Shimano cassette on my SRAM drivetrain. ? I bought the bike used off here a few years ago and this is the first time I have even paid attention to the components at this level since lucky for me I haven't had any real issues with it.

Thanks for your help/feedback on this.

IMG_6342.jpeg

Would you be interested in replacing just the rim? How many holes? Are those Duroc 50 rims ?
Thanks leo

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth the time and expense of relacing the wheel and replacing at least 2 spokes. Iā€™d have to pay someone to do that for me.

The stock specs show itā€™s a Duroc 45.

Love the timberjack

View attachment 237391
If you decide to go the wheel rebuild route you can have this on gratis I got 2 of them famous last words I can't imagine needing 2 for how much I ride my timberjack these day

wow thats great appreciate it! if i dont come up with a better solution I will contact you I dont want to take it and then not use it.

Oh and based on the pic that cassette is trashed
ha yeah i realized that after I took the pic too.

The funny thing is i haven't had any shifting issues with this bike even after I crashed back in Oct, bent the rear der and had it straightened out. Been riding it like this for who knows how long but then again I dont MTB all that often so it gets the least priority over my road and gravel bike.

Back
Top Bottom