The Big C ride Sat Jan 21st

Frank

Sasquatch
I want to thank you all for attending, it meant a lot to many people ! Fun seemed to be had by all and there was such a positive vibe! Smiles everywhere and I think there was some healing done today. If nothing else, people may feel that they were not alone!!!! A big shout out to @Mitch for helping us get this huge group through the woods. I saw a video and counted only 55 people, I may not do more of these as there seemed to be no interest 😉! Hahahaha!!

I love the mtb community and today was an example of why.We had riders from all over the state show up for this slow paced ride, I’m truly humbled.

Ps. Kris loved the ride and the group, I think we have another mtber. She had fun so she will take it easy on me when I go back to the lab on Tuesday!

serviceguy

I want to thank you all for attending, it meant a lot to many people ! Fun seemed to be had by all and there was such a positive vibe! Smiles everywhere and I think there was some healing done today. If nothing else, people may feel that they were not alone!!!! A big shout out to @Mitch for helping us get this huge group through the woods. I saw a video and counted only 55 people, I may not do more of these as there seemed to be no interest 😉! Hahahaha!!

I love the mtb community and today was an example of why.We had riders from all over the state show up for this slow paced ride, I’m truly humbled.

Ps. Kris loved the ride and the group, I think we have another mtber. She had fun so she will take it easy on me when I go back to the lab on Tuesday!
I think you forgot to mention the event had international (I should really say intercontinental) attendance! LOL

Awesome, awesome, awesome…it’s always great riding with you and I was particularly happy to meet one of your real heroes, she was handling that purple rocket like a pro!

MMuller

Soooo, wanted to at least document the ride but I didn’t get a lot of footage….. so I had to supplement with pictures I shamelessly stole from y’all.

Ok, enough with the excuses………

Yay Bikes🤙

Humbled to be in vid on CX bike, but proud to be wearing big brother Steve's kit. Next week, 1/29, marks 3 years since he passed from glioblastoma which he bravely fought for an amazing 3 years. Seeing him race at the CX Nat'ls in Tacoma over 20 years ago is what got me into cycling. Posted pic before, taken shortly before he was diagnosed, but felt like he was with us on the wonderful ride yesterday. Peace.

Victory shot.jpg

Frank

Sasquatch
Humbled to be in vid on CX bike, but proud to be wearing big brother Steve's kit. Next week, 1/29, marks 3 years since he passed from glioblastoma which he bravely fought for an amazing 3 years. Seeing him race at the CX Nat'ls in Tacoma over 20 years ago is what got me into cycling. Posted pic before, taken shortly before he was diagnosed, but felt like he was with us on the wonderful ride yesterday. Peace.

View attachment 205503
Your brother, my dad, and many many others were smiling down on us yesterday because we will never forget them!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Looks like a great turn out for @Frank !! Bummed I missed it, but there's alotta love for the big guy there. Keep on truckin brother!
Sad you missed it too….perhaps the next one!! I never intended it to be about me, I wanted it to be a ride for everyone who has been effected by cancer. Sadly, judging by the amount of riders, and by the replies by folk who couldn’t attend, there are far too many people stricken by, or have loved ones stricken by this, and other diseases.

The next ride will start from the campsite across the street from Hospital Rd. The park rep, and old friend, offered it to us as he was blown away by the ride. So I’m hoping we can have a fireside chat afterwards. I want others to to feel the same love I’ve gotten from this community. It has given me so much strength and will to keep fighting, you have no idea. So if others can gain strength from this kind of ride it would be so damn amazing!!! You all rock!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

iman29

That video makes me wish even more I was able to make it but I got the other C this weekend (COVID ) so been in bed since Friday.

Looks like a great day celebrating all who have been effected by the big C hope we do it again. This trails even look like I could ride them. 🤪

Frank

Sasquatch
That video makes me wish even more I was able to make it but I got the other C this weekend (COVID ) so been in bed since Friday.

Looks like a great day celebrating all who have been effected by the big C hope we do it again. This trails even look like I could ride them. 🤪
Heal fast buddy, hope to ride with you soon!!! I’ll give ya a tour!

Hair Face

Seeing all of the pictures, videos and posts from this event is truly heartwarming!

I wish I had been able to attend and am looking forward to joining future rides!

Much love to you all ❤️

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Sad you missed it too….perhaps the next one!! I never intended it to be about me, I wanted it to be a ride for everyone who has been effected by cancer. Sadly, judging by the amount of riders, and by the replies by folk who couldn’t attend, there are far too many people stricken by, or have loved ones stricken by this, and other diseases.

The next ride will start from the campsite across the street from Hospital Rd. The park rep, and old friend, offered it to us as he was blown away by the ride. So I’m hoping we can have a fireside chat afterwards. I want others to to feel the same love I’ve gotten from this community. It has given me so much strength and will to keep fighting, you have no idea. So if others can gain strength from this kind of ride it would be so damn amazing!!! You all rock!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hopefully it's on a Sunday for us working fools.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Soooo, wanted to at least document the ride but I didn’t get a lot of footage….. so I had to supplement with pictures I shamelessly stole from y’all.

Ok, enough with the excuses………

Yay Bikes🤙

Did you hold your handlebars at all on this ride?

Top Bottom