• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Just broke 200 miles on the Globe. This thing has been super fun Commuting up to Summit and back. It'll make the trip using Level 3 and the Throttle for intersections to get going. Exactly the same time as driving with a bookbag filled with snacks and a chain lock in the crate. It's what I was hoping for when I bought the VadoSL, something that can actually replace the car. Like, if you don't want to pedal, you don't have to...

PSX_20230515_202252.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just broke 200 miles on the Globe. This thing has been super fun Commuting up to Summit and back. It'll make the trip using Level 3 and the Throttle for intersections to get going. Exactly the same time as driving with a bookbag filled with snacks and a chain lock in the crate. It's what I was hoping for when I bought the VadoSL, something that can actually replace the car. Like, if you don't want to pedal, you don't have to...

View attachment 213680
Needs a windshield 😉

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
A couple of mornings a week I've been riding in Belmont but I always park in Wiss. So far, every time I've done this while I'm on my way back on Forbidden Drive this one guy comes by on an e-fatbike. I don't know which one it is, but sometimes he's cruising whole pedaling and sometimes not. He looks like a commuter, and he flies on that thing - like he's going over 20 mph easy. It looks fun as hell for a commute and the guy is having a blast (It's pretty cool to see an adult enjoying something like a commute as much as that guy seems to), and it's no big deal to go that fast at 6:30 in the morning out there. But I think if he took that thing out there on the weekend, he'd kill somebody with all the people you see on Forbidden. It's hard enough to avoid crashes out there on an "analog bike".

mtn

I have gotten a few nasty glares in the last two weeks with no power to the ebike. Apparently people see the larger downtube and hear the hub freewheeling without me pedaling and think that it’s motorized. But I will say, manually pedaling this 55lb bike with 1x12 gears is about the same effort as my 3x9 geared bike. Pretty crazy.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think i only heard one person make a remark since being on my emtb. It was a group of us who came up on an amish rider climbing miesterburger, i told him no pressure just keep rolling we arent looking to pass. You could tell he was super fit and strong rider and wondered how we could possibly catch and hang on. By the time we got to the of the end of the golden trail he pulled off gassed. Within a second he glanced and blurted out fucking ebikes, lol!!!
We all said have a nice day without stopping 😊

OddTrickStar

I had no idea how expensive they are. Saw a Trek with the integrated battery the other day. Looked them up and saw $14k, just wow!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I zip through Manhattan on my Ninebot scooter every week. I have first hand (and frequent) experience with two-wheeled 80 lb death machines. Unless you've seen one up close, you have no idea just how bad they are.

Take your shittiest Walmart delivery bike from 2002, add a motorized rear hub, strap on a 30 lb shoebox sized battery (imported from the worst factory in China) and set it loose on the street with a person who’s watching TikTok on their phone. Most of these bikes have absolutely no modifications to adjust for the added weight- no disc brakes, no oversized welds - nothing. The best you’ll get is a drum brake that’s probably never seen service.

The reason the batteries are igniting is because they don’t meet the waterproofing standards of reputable companies. These deliveries guys go out in all types of weather and the batteries get soaked. Then they bring them inside and charge them.

Absolutely ZERO regulation happening.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
A blanket and a pair of running shoes. Throw blanket over burning battery and run away

You're not far off. It does have a blanket. And a pair of fire gloves. And a pair of goggles. And a sort of vest. And I'm definitely running outside and letting the building go down because Mr Dyson doesn't pay me nearly enough to do anything more than that 🤣

Top Bottom