Car-spotting thread

JerseyPete

Went to a house in PA to pick up a couple of used kayaks from a couple that had just sold their lake house. Found this in the garage. 63 Nova convertible. Apparently some Chevy expert said these were not made in this color silver other than SS models, which this isn’t. But when they decoded the tag sure enough it was ordered that way from the factory, so is a pretty rare configuration. He plans to get it running again now that he’s downsizing.
View attachment 214006
Is it a COPO?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is probably a PR for catching the most cars in a single picture just wished I was a little faster getting my phone out.

We had stopped off the side of route 23 in Oak Ridge and we hear all this popping noise and then this group comes rolling past.

Caught the last one with the go pro mounted to the rear.

$10M worth of cars in one pic ? It was pretty cool to see in person and then the light turned green it sounded like and F1 race.

@Carson pretty sure that’s your green color on a new GT3?

View attachment 213962View attachment 213963

No sir! That would be Lizard Green. My order is Python Green. They look different in the sun, less so in the shade.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oddly it's the $15 car was by me that has the rags that spin on your car. Local Facebook group has tons of posts asking where to get a car repaired after going there. $5 one is no-touch and is basically power washers going around the car.

And I saw the car @UtahJoe is in love with. More ladders this time. WTF

View attachment 213983
I just want to see the ladders flatten it into a thin Swedish pancake.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
COPO novas werent a thing until the later 3rd Gen....68 on.

63 you couldnt get a nova yet with a v8 only a 4 or a 6. But the tag on the cowl should give him all the info he needs on the exterior color, roof color, interior color. Looks like its in nice shape.
That’s what I thought, but this one then has me scratching my head:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s what I thought, but this one then has me scratching my head:
HIGHLY suspect of that ad....I mean dealer installed is one thing...dealers would install anything you wanted in the 60s, didnt make them COPO cars. COPO specifically referred to a "special order" car that the factory built....all of those cars are so well documented and valuable....they dont just disappear. And of course, no documentation inthe ad. People used to do this my 67/68 mustangs...have 427s installed at a dealer and then say they were the unicorn 427 67/68 mustang....which the factory never built.

JerseyPete

HIGHLY suspect of that ad....I mean dealer installed is one thing...dealers would install anything you wanted in the 60s, didnt make them COPO cars. COPO specifically referred to a "special order" car that the factory built....all of those cars are so well documented and valuable....they dont just disappear. And of course, no documentation inthe ad. People used to do this my 67/68 mustangs...have 427s installed at a dealer and then say they were the unicorn 427 67/68 mustang....which the factory never built.
I had a friend with a 69 COPO Camaro. He told me that the VIN and all parts were documented and little chance to build a fake one. He sold it years ago for $95K long before the prices really went nuts.

Top Bottom