• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

SimonM21

It seems that ebikes are all the rage in certain markets these days but I’m trying to gauge what’s actually happening locally.

I’m creating a little poll here to gauge where we stand locally on ebikes.

Make sure to vote on all that apply.

For what it’s worth I’ve been using an ebike to build trails for almost ten years already.
I've ridden the e-bike a few times. It's interesting. Reminds me of the feeling of riding a motorbike. But would I like to switch completely to an e-bike? Absolutely not. I could ride occasionally, for fun, but I'm not ready to give up MTB.

scott62

I was the same way, now I look forward to the next time I can ride my e bike. Being over sixty and not being able to produce high watts all day like I used to. The e bike gives me the legs and lungs I used to have. One of the things that sucks the most about getting old is recovery time just gets longer and longer. E bikes check a lot of boxes.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was the same way, now I look forward to the next time I can ride my e bike. Being over sixty and not being able to produce high watts all day like I used to. The e bike gives me the legs and lungs I used to have. One of the things that sucks the most about getting old is recovery time just gets longer and longer. E bikes check a lot of boxes.
Joe Friel had an interesting writeup on how he's old and was having trouble doing "easy" rides on the hills where he moved to in Sedona. He went with an eBike to keep the easy days easy and then his regular bike on the harder workout days.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
The Amish ride e-bikes where I come from. Not sure how this term got started. Unless you mean you met a member of the Amish community riding the trails. In that case, good for them.
The term "riding Amish" as we use it is just a snarky way of saying riding a non-electric bike, like acoustic or analog, because the Amish tend not to use much modern electronics as the rest of us. Nothing more.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So that's unnecessary as bikes have been known as such for decades. The new product on the market needs the additional identifier. Of you say bike it's a regular std bike. If you say ebike then everyone knows it has a battery and motor

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So that's unnecessary as bikes have been known as such for decades. The new product on the market needs the additional identifier. Of you say bike it's a regular std bike. If you say ebike then everyone knows it has a battery and motor
It's almost like some people riding electric bikes instead of self powered feel the need to put human powered bike people into the oddball category with new terms.

If my friend got an bike that was electric, I'd be asking "Did you ride your bike anywhere good this weekend?" Not "Did you ride your E-Bike anywhere good this weekend?"

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's almost like some people riding electric bikes instead of self powered feel the need to put human powered bike people into the oddball category with new terms.

If my friend got an bike that was electric, I'd be asking "Did you ride your bike anywhere good this weekend?" Not "Did you ride your E-Bike anywhere good this weekend?"

You make a good point. Everyone I know who bothers to differentiate is riding an ebike.... 🤷

serviceguy

Reminds me closely the fact that food not artificially grown using modern crap goes by 'organic' (while it was just 'food' in the goof old days) as opposed to what is now considered 'regular' food. I'm still riding organic so far...

BuzzBomber

I'm about to jump back into the world of e-bikes....

MY23TranceXAdvancedEplusEL3_ColorAMessier_D-6.jpg
Interested to see what you think of the Yamaha drive and interface. Generally, I love the PW X-2 setup on my YDX Moro Pro, but I'm not a fan of the handlebar mounted display. It seems vulnerable and has taken some hits. (although it has survived almost 3 years of my abuse so far)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Carson

$15.4K for a matching color bike. They don't say how much it weighs tho

https://electrek.co/2023/05/31/porsche-ebikes-released-2023/
Nothing that costs that much should have a fox 34 on it lol....especially not an ebike.

from the article

Porsche releases two new electric bikes and you better sit down for the price​

It should continue....

And when you do sit down...you will can be sitting on full grain nappa leather with RED stitching and the word PORSCHE embroidered across it in size 22 font.....only a $1600 option.

Top Bottom