What have you done to your car today?

That reminds me when I was growing up in Bridgewater , the cops had these dumb blue lights on the side of the cars. You could see them coming for miles. It took them years to finally take them off.

Those blue marker lights saved me many times as a kid. It was like having home field advantage. Thank Chief Dick Voorhees!

Added insurance to the kid's new to them car and was surprised by the cost for an older car. The vehicle had a moderate/severe accident over 10 years ago, fully disclosed by the seller, so apparently that's the reason on the invoice. I have NJM, wonder if that's the same other insurance companies?

Added insurance to the kid's new to them car and was surprised by the cost for an older car. The vehicle had a moderate/severe accident over 10 years ago, fully disclosed by the seller, so apparently that's the reason on the invoice. I have NJM, wonder if that's the same other insurance companies?
Its not so much the car as it is the driver in my experience. I was able to take my 21 year old son off my insurance since he got his own car/insurance, but added my new driver 17 year old son for the same car the 21 year old was driving to my policy (2006 Hyundai Azera) and my insurance went up about $1100 per year.

So same car + new driver = increased cost.

In the big picture even my agent at Allstate said that wasnt too bad considering, and I also have the top end Platinum level policy too with them for the last 30 years.

Its not so much the car as it is the driver in my experience. I was able to take my 21 year old son off my insurance since he got his own car/insurance, but added my new driver 17 year old son for the same car the 21 year old was driving to my policy (2006 Hyundai Azera) and my insurance went up about $1100 per year.

So same car + new driver = increased cost.

In the big picture even my agent at Allstate said that wasnt too bad considering, and I also have the top end Platinum level policy too with them for the last 30 years.
Drivers didn't change, just exchanged one car for another. Car was a 10 yo sedan, so no like it changed from a Tiguan to a Mustang.

Sorry to hear that. Don't understand why my granny's accident affects your daughter's insurance rate. Shouldn't it be the driver, not the car? I also have NJM.

Sorry to hear that. Don't understand why my granny's accident affects your daughter's insurance rate. Shouldn't it be the driver, not the car? I also have NJM.
Was just 200 hundred more, not terrible, but interesting on how rates are determined

Wife's car's brakes were grinding away @75k - I was ready to find an unusable rotor on one of the corners.
Pulled off the first (LF), plenty of meat left. Since i had the pads, i changed them out and greased the contact points.
Went to the right, found the same thing - took the flashlight to the back, and they were good.

When i pulled the caliper, the springs were missing?
it is a clip with outward pressure that bridges the inner and outer pad.

Next thing, the stainless backing plate falls to the ground as soon as i go to pull the outer pad.
looks like a clip broke.

Put it all back together with all the new h/w.

I think the grinding sound was that extra plate and the one under it moving around.
not sure how it is possible, but the noise is gone, and no rotors were damaged.

I may do the back at some point - but then i need to learn how to disable the eBrake.

Springs:

1707428479153.png

Wife's car's brakes were grinding away @75k - I was ready to find an unusable rotor on one of the corners.
Pulled off the first (LF), plenty of meat left. Since i had the pads, i changed them out and greased the contact points.
Went to the right, found the same thing - took the flashlight to the back, and they were good.

When i pulled the caliper, the springs were missing?
it is a clip with outward pressure that bridges the inner and outer pad.

Next thing, the stainless backing plate falls to the ground as soon as i go to pull the outer pad.
looks like a clip broke.

Put it all back together with all the new h/w.

I think the grinding sound was that extra plate and the one under it moving around.
not sure how it is possible, but the noise is gone, and no rotors were damaged.

I may do the back at some point - but then i need to learn how to disable the eBrake.

Springs:

View attachment 232361

doesnt your wife have a cadillac? i dont remember having to do anything special to do the last cadillac breaks (my moms 2015 or 2016isH), just release the electric parking brake from inside before removing the rotor.

doesnt your wife have a cadillac? i dont remember having to do anything special to do the last cadillac breaks (my moms 2015 or 2016isH), just release the electric parking brake from inside before removing the rotor.

2017 xt5 - the brake automatically engages when the car is off.
Parking brake service mode....

Last edited:
This thread is crazy to me, it's like you're all speaking Greek.

I can change a tire, on my bike or car. I put a hitch on my jeep a long time ago, that was like graduate level stuff for me. I'm fascinated by the skill levels, and I'm not bullshitting, cool stuff. I skin my knuckle looking at a wrench.

Next blackout project - rear lights.

@Carson says I cant' get new wheels with all the chrome.

I have the smoked tailgate lights, but i'm not putting them in until the chrome delete for the tailgate arrives.
Also have the OEM black GMC badge.

The red in the bumper has to stay - maybe not in NJ, but other states require a red reflector.

Before:

IMG_6068.JPG

After:

IMG_6072.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

Pulled some body parts off. I"m converting the 110 from a 3 dr softtop to 5 dr in a crew cab configuration.

Before the body parts go on I'm going to epoxy primer the frame and top coat with some Eastwood chassis paint. Since it is galvanized I don't have to do anything but I have found it's easier to spray off dirt with the smoother finish.

Back
Top Bottom