23-24 Ski and Snowboard thread

My wife, dogs, and I drive up to Stowe on Saturday to ski Sunday / Monday and check out the eclipse.

Sunday was soft with plenty of snow and blue bird skies. The snow was sticky and a lot or work to maneuver on but very fun. Woods still had ample coverage but I had to change my turning style a little bit to get through.
IMG_1658.JPG

Not many completely blue ski days at Mt Mansfield.
IMG_1661.jpeg

Monday was another very clear day with even warmer temps. Snow was melting fast and even more sticky. The gondola opened at 12:30 with a big long line for the eclipse traffic. I was up pretty quickly going thru the singles and had a some "fresh" tracks on the upper part.
IMG_1703.JPG

A coupe of eclipse pics - very rad to experience this on the mountain.
IMG_1730.JPGIMG_1742.JPG

With the cooler temps from the eclipse the snow firmed up a little which made for terrific skiing - the run down was a bunch of fun with our family group of 7.

Screen shot of my wife
IMG_1760.jpeg

I’m excited to share with all of you that on Monday, we will announce to the public that Copper will be extending our winter season into May and for as long as conditions allow. This decision comes as a result of the fantastic snow conditions and consistent demand from visitors, presenting a unique opportunity for all of us here at Copper.

Starting April 29, we will operate the following lifts: Eagle, Excelerator, Super Bee and Storm King, along with the associated terrain and beginner terrain at Green Acres. We are also planning to operate the Superpipe and hike park in the base area. Guest Services, Rental and Retail will operate out of Center Village and Jack’s will be open with food and drink offerings available. Our Sunsation spring celebration will continue to take place on April 27-28.

Thank you for your ongoing partnership and commitment to making Copper Mountain a thriving community for residents and visitors alike. We are grateful to our welcoming homeowner and merchant community for helping create an environment that makes Copper a preferred destination for late season skiing and riding.

Here’s to a fantastic extended winter season ahead!

Dustin Lyman

President & General Manager

Copper Mountain

Not that the ski season is over yet....but I did just renew my ikon passes....I did some math on it.

$2317 for 3 passes, my son is still under 12. My wife gets $350 off for being a nurse. We skied 24 days so far, so thats $96 per day....divided by 3, thats ~$32 per day per person. Not terrible, I remember in the 80s Jack frost being $25-30, so im not complaining. Of course im leaving out all of the other "little" expenses like Rosti with truffles in Switzerland with @2Julianas ...but who can put a price on such things :) So while the math works for me, I still can see why this system really sucks for the people who just want to ski a couple times a year.....then have to deal with the stupid walk up prices

Reactions: don
Not that the ski season is over yet....but I did just renew my ikon passes....I did some math on it.

$2317 for 3 passes, my son is still under 12. My wife gets $350 off for being a nurse. We skied 24 days so far, so thats $96 per day....divided by 3, thats ~$32 per day per person. Not terrible, I remember in the 80s Jack frost being $25-30, so im not complaining. Of course im leaving out all of the other "little" expenses like Rosti with truffles in Switzerland with @2Julianas ...but who can put a price on such things :) So while the math works for me, I still can see why this system really sucks for the people who just want to ski a couple times a year.....then have to deal with the stupid walk up prices
The casual skier is screwed.

last weekend for the gondola at killington yesterday, 4/28. They had 41 trails open, I did 16 runs and didnt get bored once! Pretty incredible how much the march and early April storms built up the base for spring skiing.

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpeg
    IMG_4745.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom