2001 BMW 330Ci Convertible

THATmanMANNY

It’s a little nerve racking to see the current number but I’m confident watchers are definitely going to come in last few hours to snag this driver for a fair price

THATmanMANNY

About 45 min to go! This is short of me just handing my keys to someone. Someone may actually steal my car today! Please execute disposable income marriage clause.
I may do a reaction video. That would be neat.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
With the fee close to $9k. It's what I expected private sale
The third guy surprised me. I actually video'd my reaction haha. Will share
I'm happy with the result
I can't believe you didn't get more for this. Nobody offered you that when you selling privately? Like Carson, I do think the others for sale at the same time hurt you a bit.

THATmanMANNY

That like middle ground money is hard in private sale and softer market. It’s either people have no money to spend or money to spend. I got no real offers or looks even. Everyone compared it to a clapped out high mileage ones. $5k? So I just got tired of it. I broke even or made a few. But I wasn’t counting.

You can’t compete with aegmotors and other reputable dealers. It’s probably on the low end but it’s got two accidents and a worn top. It’s also a northeast car. Speaking to friends in warm climates they haaaaaaate cars from salted areas. They really make it sound like the car will disintegrate in a few years. I’m just glad I didn’t get any trolls. It’s going to a man gifting it to his wife. He asked me to put a bow on it for her when they arrive this weekend.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
With the fee close to $9k. It's what I expected private sale
The third guy surprised me. I actually video'd my reaction haha. Will share
I'm happy with the result

I thought the 5% buyers fee goes to BaT - that's the way I interpreted it when we were selling our 2019 Subaru Forester two months ago.

THATmanMANNY

@rick81721 yes. How I look at it is, the buyer is paying $8,925 for the car itself. So close to my estimated private sale. $425 BaT fee charged instantly to buyers CC. Buyer should also consider shipping and pickup costs but not my problem.

rick81721

Lothar
@rick81721 yes. How I look at it is, the buyer is paying $8,925 for the car itself. So close to my estimated private sale. $425 BaT fee charged instantly to buyers CC. Buyer should also consider shipping and pickup costs but not my problem.

I tried Autotrader and Nextdoor first. The buyer was from Nextdoor. No fees at all.

Top Bottom