2017 Specialized Epic HT shifter cable

Ron

Putting gears back on my bike for one of the NICA riders to try it out. The cable housing that goes from the shifter the the frame is the issue. When I insert it into the frame I can feel a stop in there. Then I set the bike up. But eventually the cable slides past the frame stop and cable goes slack. Is there a rubber stopper or something I am missing internal to the frame to prevent this from happening?

Thank you

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Putting gears back on my bike for one of the NICA riders to try it out. The cable housing that goes from the shifter the the frame is the issue. When I insert it into the frame I can feel a stop in there. Then I set the bike up. But eventually the cable slides past the frame stop and cable goes slack. Is there a rubber stopper or something I am missing internal to the frame to prevent this from happening?

Thank you

Ferrule?

Amazon product

Ron

I will have to try that. I tried the plastic one in the jagwire bag and those are too fat to fit in the hole.

Thank you @Patrick

Ron

So I got it figured out. Found a manual from Europe that showed a picture. There is an internal routing/guide built into the frame, only inside the frame. You drop the fork so you can see the guide to route the cable. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it when I dropped the fork.

And the best part is in 2 weeks the NICA season is over and the bike goes back to being a singlespeed.

Top Bottom