2023 and 2024 USAC XC MTB Nationals at Bear Creek

JDurk

Yes. The Elite race loop was also different at Snowshoe. Shorter, more spectator friendly loops.

interesting to hear about a wedding the day of. Weddings and Bike races dont really go hand in hand. I wonder how they keep them separated.
Right? Especially with the trail going right by as seen in the pic.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Right? Especially with the trail going right by as seen in the pic.
at the 2021 Bear Creek race, we went through the parking lot and into the trails right next to the wedding area. This will be fun.

Cassinonorth

Screenshot_20230318-110215.png

Screenshot_20230318-110228.png

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
US Cycling website last updated 31 Mar 2023 with still no schedule finalized.
I wouldn’t expect them to put up anything for a while. They’re not on top of this stuff. Probably late May early June.

Reactions: Ron

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
This is the posted course for June 4 race, which should be the same as Nationals for most classes. The heckle pit should be in for Cat 2 - Pro.

2023 National course.jpg

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone else racing Bear Creek this weekend?? Same loop as nationals. So far 240ish pre regs.
I pre rode last weekend and it’s a good loop. Not the old bear creek but still pretty good. It’s got some new berms and flow sections, a fair amount of climbing, and the heckle pit is back. It’s a short loop at under 4 miles, but cat 1 is doing 4 laps so I think the times will be over 1:45 for most. Winners may be closer to 1:30.

It’s a great venue with the facilities for the resort (nice bathrooms, food, drinks, etc). And it’s supposed to be nice and cool on Sunday. Reg closes tonight at midnight.

JDurk

Anyone else racing Bear Creek this weekend?? Same loop as nationals. So far 240ish pre regs.
I pre rode last weekend and it’s a good loop. Not the old bear creek but still pretty good. It’s got some new berms and flow sections, a fair amount of climbing, and the heckle pit is back. It’s a short loop at under 4 miles, but cat 1 is doing 4 laps so I think the times will be over 1:45 for most. Winners may be closer to 1:30.

It’s a great venue with the facilities for the resort (nice bathrooms, food, drinks, etc). And it’s supposed to be nice and cool on Sunday. Reg closes tonight at midnight.
I was planning to race Cat1 SS, then saw the start time is 2pm. I'm skipping it.

Cassinonorth

Dropping back to Cat 3 to hopefully get a podium or two before this season ends so I don't get too downtrodden on this bike racing thing.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I was in vermont riding awesome trails for the past 10 days....What happened?

Top Bottom