2023 Ringwood Trail Work thread

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Jorba Just finished up the last bit of reroute on Ringwood Ramapo Trail (red) that we did not get to last year. Now that is complete, we will move on to maintenance at various points around the park. The next one is on Crossover just above Webly pond. We have a few more weeks left up there. Art is suspending work for a week or two while he has some hand surgery. Hoping to start back up at end of August.

Dates coming shortly.

Last edited:

serviceguy

This year is going to be hard for me, I maybe able to get the whole Friday off every other week, which means Thursdays are going to be a full day, and probably not much WFH.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
This year is going to be hard for me, I maybe able to get the whole Friday off every other week, which means Thursdays are going to be a full day, and probably not much WFH.
If you have a day off and want to work, reach out to Art. He plans to work other days during the week. Right now he is doing a few days over at Sterling, but starting tomorrow morning we might be working a day or two at Ringwood to finish up that spot on Ringwood-Ramapo and then maintenance around the park. Also, the Park has some road repair grant money to use up soon and we may be called into service to repair trails near road improvements in the park.

serviceguy

If you have a day off and want to work, reach out to Art. He plans to work other days during the week. Right now he is doing a few days over at Sterling, but starting tomorrow morning we might be working a day or two at Ringwood to finish up that spot on Ringwood-Ramapo and then maintenance around the park. Also, the Park has some road repair grant money to use up soon and we may be called into service to repair trails near road improvements in the park.
That would work, thanks.

On a side note, you can tell Art that my chainsaw has now a confirmed brand new chain and filters, purrs like a kitten...I think he was ready to kick my sizeable rear last year when I was basically tickling those trees with a toothless saw!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Dirty Thursday is on for this afternoon. Art is out of town this week, but I plan to work on Ringwood-Ramapo Trail (red) at the top of the new re-route we built last year. It is a short walk/ride from the Reyerson school lot. I hope to go in a little early 3ish and work until 6. I think school is out in Ringwood, so parking at 3 should be ok. Maybe @serviceguy could confirm school being out. Any volunteers welcome to show up when they can.

serviceguy

Dirty Thursday is on for this afternoon. Art is out of town this week, but I plan to work on Ringwood-Ramapo Trail (red) at the top of the new re-route we built last year. It is a short walk/ride from the Reyerson school lot. I hope to go in a little early 3ish and work until 6. I think school is out in Ringwood, so parking at 3 should be ok. Maybe @serviceguy could confirm school being out. Any volunteers welcome to show up when they can.
Looks like it is. Unfortunately I can't join you today. I did keep an eye on the tools stash during the past few months, it's all there in the same place...

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/...23_SY_District_Calendar_no_promotion_date.pdf

serviceguy

Thanks for watching the tools! No snakes or mice in there today! ;)
Don’t thank me, she made sure no one touched them!
IMG_6529.jpeg

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
If you have been out in Ringwood you may have noticed that the last section of re-route on Ringwood-Ramapo trail is complete. We will be moving work site up to Crossover trail just above Webly pond. We will be starting there this morning doing some drainage repairs and tightening some things up. After today, Dirty Thursday will be suspended for two weeks, as Art is having some minor hand surgery. We hope to resume work on Aug 10. All work days are rsvp.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
We got a lot done on Crossover Tr right above Weyble Pond today, but we are not done. Art tried to smooth things out, but things are pretty wet around the drains. They should run off and dry in the next few days. Take caution.

There were some big roots that had no soil left, and we armoured that section with rock. Once dry, it should be a solid ride over. Hopefully we will get up there to clean things up a bit before Art has his hand surgery.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_E1505.jpg

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
We will be working tomorrow morning Aug 10 at 9am on Crossover trail just above Weyble pond. Leaving from the school around 8:30 am and riding up to worksite. Any volunteers welcome.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
It looks like a chance of rain by late morning. Steady rain will cancel tomorrow. I will try to post up any cancelations in the morning.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions