All A Muchy redux

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
uh, yeah, and i really will be making it to the picnic. 4-5 hrs after 7:08am is 11:08-12:08. could be dressed and ready for the picnic from then within an hour.

The point would be that we ride and picnic, most likely ride and then picnic. I'm not going to make a federal case about it but if you don't see why the people organizing the picnic would be annoyed with people planning group rides that overlap and using the site to plug that rude, then I'm sure nothing I say will make it any clearer.

This is kind of symptomatic of what I see as a problem with the group rides with a lot of people on the site. People will weigh their options and blow off someone they agreed to ride with because something "better" came along. Ironic that RyderX and I were having this conversation on PM a while ago.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i think it's perfectly clear, but i also don't see the problem with it. i guarantee no more than 5-8 people will show up for this ride. and it will be a quick paced, minimal stopping ride, which is something that wouldn't really happen at the picnic, and if it did, it wouldn't be the social ride that the official picnic post talks about. i honestly never had any intention of arriving at lewis morris anytime before 12, and was realistically thinking something more along the lines of 2ish. if there was some unspoken obligation on my shoulders to be there earlier, i guess im just too dense and it should have been spoken. it's not like i'm a site mod or a team rider.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
FWIW it was supposed to be "ride" not "rude" in my OP.

Nope, no unspoken obligation at all. I think it would be preferrable that if you were going to have a group ride on the day of the picnic that you keep it off board. I'm not asking or telling you what to do. But you can be sure that the day you do the main work on The Wall reroute none of us will be posting group rides. In fact I'll be doing everything I can to get more people to show.

Again, it's not a big deal it's just slightly bothersome.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
while i appreciate that consideration, i certainly don't expect it, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest way if people who had no intention of showing up to the wall reroute posted simultanaeous rides. even if they posted them at mahlon. i grasp the concept of it bothering you, but i really don't see any logical or fair reason why it would. if it really bother's you guys that much, ill remove it and we can conduct it on an invitation basis.

and this whole "we changed the date for you" whining is really uncalled for. i found the poll thread, read all the way through it, and all i contributed was to say that i wouldn't make the picnic on the originally chosen date. there was no begging or pressure on my part. it was a close vote, and there were a good amount of people who were up for either, so don't lay that on me.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nope, it doesn't bother me that much, like I said slightly. At this point it's really just a philosophical debate.

Wazu

If I may interject. I can actually see both sides of this. First off, this redux aint no normal ride. With a stud ride like that there's plenty of ways for things to go wrong and to become hugely delayed. We all bike and know this. While on paper you guys might be able to "fit" a ride in that couldn't even possibly end before the start of the picnic... anyways the other thing is that everyone who hasn't met the Man O Muchy riders really wants to. I know I do. I want to see who makes all these moronic posts and the people who make me laugh and who I look up to in some ways. A ride before the picnic puts that at risk. Risk is a strong word of course, non of this conversation matters that much, I mean really now. Also, I know if I went on a studfest like that I'd wanna do a bath a blankie and a nap for six hours, not go to a picnic. Nothing wrong with biking before a picnic of course, but Stud O Muchy the sequal? :p

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the good thing about the huge delay part, is that kris and i both live within a few miles of the mooch, and if it looked like we wouldn't be able to finish on time due to major mechanical/leg falling off/erupting supervolcano, we could just cut it short and scurry away to our respective domociles to make ourselves pretty for the mtbnj massive.

ryderX

I didn't mean to effect or is it affect, the picnic/ride get together. Hell, my wife will be supplying 2 homemade walnut sour cream apple pies and 2 pecan pies, so you know I'll be there. Best solution is we reschedule the ride for another day. Put me down for 2 adults and 1 child.
See you on Saturday.:D

Wazu

Hey anrother and Kris if you guys ever do a Some O Muchy please include me. I'm just not confident that me and my SS can make the All O. Still, I want to bond and ache with you guys sometime soon. Bye :)

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
If I may interject. I can actually see both sides of this. First off, this redux aint no normal ride. With a stud ride like that there's plenty of ways for things to go wrong and to become hugely delayed. We all bike and know this. While on paper you guys might be able to "fit" a ride in that couldn't even possibly end before the start of the picnic... anyways the other thing is that everyone who hasn't met the Man O Muchy riders really wants to. I know I do. I want to see who makes all these moronic posts and the people who make me laugh and who I look up to in some ways. A ride before the picnic puts that at risk. Risk is a strong word of course, non of this conversation matters that much, I mean really now. Also, I know if I went on a studfest like that I'd wanna do a bath a blankie and a nap for six hours, not go to a picnic. Nothing wrong with biking before a picnic of course, but Stud O Muchy the sequal? :p
I see myself as the bare minimum when it comes to mtb,not a stud at all and word on the street is you would hope to never meet me but you will, we will battle and your soul shall be crushed beneath the mighty 29..................

Wazu

I still say it's a studfest of a ride...The Man O Muchy. If it wasn't it wouldn't be preceded by a rules list that takes a whole dump to read. Oh, and you should be able to roll right over me with your 29er considering I'm a 46 year old cripple who rides a SS once a week. Stud. ps. Can't wait to meet you in person. (I'm cracking my knuckles litte bitch):)

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I didn't even read the rules then showed up unannounced.BTW i'm a 37 yo eccentric physcopath who only rides once a week so man up to some of these rides ok..........

anrothar

entirely thrilled
sneaky bastard. happy birthday!

don't listen to brett wazu, he hay only ride once a week, but that's all he needs since he's a doper. on the epo train. naturally high levels of steroids in his body.

Top Bottom