Allamuchy North Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode from there today
If you were to go by trail forks one would think the whole park is closed, lol. Who post this stuff, angry beavers 😄 oh and NO EBIKES 🤣🤣🤣

Cole

Anyone ever wonder how this ended/stayed at the top of the mountain?
1665339837899.png

Robin

Two larger trees down on lower part of Cardiac between the switchbacks and steep (that connects by Rollie Poly). I attempted to mark where they were. Will also designate on TF, since I think I'm the only one who posts trail conditions.

Rollie Poly is almost like it was leaf blown...bare trees. Some leafy goodness on Cardiac. Trails were in great shape.

Screenshot 2022-10-20 6.46.17 PM.png

JPark

How does Allamuchy deal with wet weather?
Is it ridable the day after rain or does it need more recovery time?

Kaleidopete

Two larger trees down on lower part of Cardiac between the switchbacks and steep (that connects by Rollie Poly). I attempted to mark where they were. Will also designate on TF, since I think I'm the only one who posts trail conditions.

Rollie Poly is almost like it was leaf blown...bare trees. Some leafy goodness on Cardiac. Trails were in great shape.

View attachment 198651
How do they deal with down trees? Is there a park maintenance dept, or does Jorba or the NyNj trail conference step up and clear trails. or is it just left to individuals to do the work? Like Wawayanda has a park office to report problems to and they in turn either take care of it themselves or contact the park stewards (Black Bear Cycle) or the Trail conference.

Fat Trout

How do they deal with down trees? Is there a park maintenance dept, or does Jorba or the NyNj trail conference step up and clear trails. or is it just left to individuals to do the work? Like Wawayanda has a park office to report problems to and they in turn either take care of it themselves or contact the park stewards (Black Bear Cycle) or the Trail conference.
Jorba has a few people who are approved by the park via training jorba arranged. Posts are seen....word of mouth or riding/ hiking through and seeing. Im sure there individuals unassociated with the park or jorba as well. To my knowlege the park is pretty well hands off (on trails / trees).

Fat Trout

How does Allamuchy deal with wet weather?
Is it ridable the day after rain or does it need more recovery time?
Normally deals well. Right now its hard to say. 1-3" of snow on the trails and its misty raining now. Decent rain tomorrow. But has been some frozen dirt this week so wont want to drain right away.. Id expect saturday to be a bit messy...but draining a little and looks like Saturday night should freeze up. Sunday would probably be pretty good.

MarioGed

Normally deals well. Right now its hard to say. 1-3" of snow on the trails and its misty raining now. Decent rain tomorrow. But has been some frozen dirt this week so wont want to drain right away.. Id expect saturday to be a bit messy...but draining a little and looks like Saturday night should freeze up. Sunday would probably be pretty good.
I rode a loop yesterday from earthworm parking lot to rollie pollie and back and like 90% of trails were still covered with a crusty snow. It was slow going and some climbs were impossible to make it (for me) on a non-fat bike.

JPark

I rode a loop yesterday from earthworm parking lot to rollie pollie and back and like 90% of trails were still covered with a crusty snow. It was slow going and some climbs were impossible to make it (for me) on a non-fat bike.
I ended up going to Stephens. Some parts had no snow and the parts that did have snow it got deeper the higher we went up the mountain.

xc62701

I was in Mooch North today and it was tough going. Slick leaves and LOTS of frost heave. A couple of ice flows that were manageable to get around. As I was leaving there were a lot of trees down. I'll put up a map of where I think they are. There were two main ones and a few little ones down as well.

47773925-BA78-44C5-A6BD-7019F674389F.jpeg

Last edited:

zip

Sunday conditions were great despite the heavy rain last Thursday. So far in 2023 the normal winter conditions have been turned upside down. Maybe because the ground is not frozen so it can absorb the rain water. The trails I rode had plenty of dry leaves which could also act as a sort of natural Speedy Dry. ( Speedy Dry is used in auto shops to absorb spilt oil, looks like cat litter ) Streams were full and occasional puddles.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions