Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Short stylee
The club ride ones are pretty great, they have 3 different thicknesses and the middle one is probably the most “normal” size. The thin one can best be described as a panty liner and the thick one a diaper.
I use the medium one for the majority of my rides and the thicker if I am going longer.

I tried the REI ones and they are bad but aren’t great either, the chamois seemed to wear out quickly.

The ones that come with fox sorts are minimal but descent. That being said, I wouldn’t buy one by itself

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also have the club ride liners. Medium density. Although mine seem to have shifted or shrunk as the padding is now further back and I'm now sitting on the stitching. I'm going to look into Pearl izumi liners.

ebarker9

I use the PI liners. They're ok. I do find the chamois to be a bit on the diaper side and they seem to run a bit small. Possibly also related to my COVID beer consumption, but they're about the only size medium cycling clothing that I have that's borderline uncomfortably tight.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As Kevin says medium club ride. I actually also have a bib of their's when they used to sell them that i also like. I bought a couple generic Amazon shorts that were either to small or too big and the padding is like ruffled up rags.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay, looking at the hot sellers, they all about the bibs.
Any reco’s out there for chamois liner shorts?
I'm still blown away by how good the Pactimo ones are. Very meshy so extremely breathable and soft feeling fabric. Chamois isn't intrusive. Waist band doesn't dig in. They're MTB specific so don't go wearing without shorts unless you want to get arrested.

I'm with @mattybfat that the Amazon liners are made in baby diaper factories.

ebarker9

I'm still blown away by how good the Pactimo ones are. Very meshy so extremely breathable and soft feeling fabric. Chamois isn't intrusive. Waist band doesn't dig in. They're MTB specific so don't go wearing without shorts unless you want to get arrested.

I'm with @mattybfat that the Amazon liners are made in baby diaper factories.

Is that the Tellus ones?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is that the Tellus ones?

Apex actually, the cheaper one.
I bought both in bibs also but actually prefer the Apex. The Apex has the same soft mesh material go all the way up vs the Tellus which had some rougher material for the straps.

I like the Apex outer shorts too, just fitment for me I wish the waistband was 1" lower. Extremely comfortable soft material that so far has held up really well. It's great for the warmer weather.

Not cheap but when they have their yearly or twice yearly sales they are like half priced.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Apex actually, the cheaper one.
I bought both in bibs also but actually prefer the Apex. The Apex has the same soft mesh material go all the way up vs the Tellus which had some rougher material for the straps.

I like the Apex outer shorts too, just fitment for me I wish the waistband was 1" lower. Extremely comfortable soft material that so far has held up really well. It's great for the warmer weather.

Not cheap but when they have their yearly or twice yearly sales they are like half priced.
Do these run true to size?

iman29

Do these run true to size?
Send me a text or DM message I have a monthly 30% off code I can share being part of the Pactimo Brand Ambassador program the last 3 years. Doesn’t apply to sale or outlet items. If you catch a good sale sometimes the price is even less.

They have a very generous return policy for size or really any reason as long as don’t take the tags off.

iman29

Hey all, If you have been considering Pactimo for your bibs or bib liners but werent sure, they are having their summer clearance sale this week.

The liners are on sale for the lowest price right now, my Ambassador discount wouldn't apply to any of these sales since its not as much as the sale.

Check out the link here but don't hesitate if you find your size they sell out quick. Some stuff is final sale but for any regular items they have a very generous return/swap policy as long as you dont cut the tags off.

xc62701

Hey all, If you have been considering Pactimo for your bibs or bib liners but werent sure, they are having their summer clearance sale this week.

The liners are on sale for the lowest price right now, my Ambassador discount wouldn't apply to any of these sales since its not as much as the sale.

Check out the link here but don't hesitate if you find your size they sell out quick. Some stuff is final sale but for any regular items they have a very generous return/swap policy as long as you dont cut the tags off.

I just bought another pair as my awesome bibs were more than 50% off. Kinda annoyed I had to pay as much as I did now.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Finally had to part with my blackbibs, sad day. I think I chucked them about a week ago or so. For the money I spent I’m happy with them though.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I bit the bullit after a couple lousy amazon padded underwear. Bought 2 pairs and Just tried the BN3TH north shore. Absolutely my new favs. They have a junk pouch that keeps them tidy and out of the way. Can highly recommend 👌

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I bit the bullit after a couple lousy amazon padded underwear. Bought 2 pairs and Just tried the BN3TH north shore. Absolutely my new favs. They have a junk pouch that keeps them tidy and out of the way. Can highly recommend 👌

Funny, I got the notification for a new post on this thread and thought I should ask if anyone has switched from chamois lately.

I am planning on trying no chamois since it's getting hot and the swamp ass post ride is gross.

My biggest issue is I just out of habit grab the chamois.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny, I got the notification for a new post on this thread and thought I should ask if anyone has switched from chamois lately.

I am planning on trying no chamois since it's getting hot and the swamp ass post ride is gross.

My biggest issue is I just out of habit grab the chamois.
They have some 50% off pairs, i grabbed those. In fact a grabbed another 2 because im getting rid of all my others. I have way to much riding stuff that needs to go. Who do you donate bike clothes to, anyone?

Top Bottom