Anyone watching CX Walmart worlds?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am the only one feeling like no one even cares about the cx worlds this weekend? With the big mens players not coming to the US and only a few of the woman, just seems second rate this year.

In any case, who is watching?

I’ll watch Tom Pidcock win. Hopefully some American can grab a top 10 with so little competition making the journey.

No Wout or MVDP really takes away from the appeal.

I’ll watch Tom Pidcock win. Hopefully some American can grab a top 10 with so little competition making the journey.

No Wout or MVDP really takes away from the appeal.
Yes, with Wout winning all but one of the races he did this year, and by a huge margin, it really does stink he won’t be there. Everyone is saying Pidcock is the clear favorite but he hasn’t been completely dominant either.

Maybe we can hope that this storm coming for Friday put down some snow in AK?

We are leaving Friday afternoon for it. I was going for Wout, my son for MVDP. I figured it was going to be his only chance to see MVDP in person. Perhaps we committed a bit too soon. So...a bit bummed.

I am still pretty excited for the women's U23 race and the junior men's race. Still a lot of our favorite riders are going, so it should be fun.

I was down there last summer, and rode terrific trails on the other side of the mountain from where the CX course is located. Was excited to talk with locals about Worlds coming to their hood.

I'd be headed there is I was able. When are we going to get such an opportunity again, regardless of who is racing or not?

That was my thinking when I went to road worlds in Richmond in 2015. Was cool to just see the whole thing in person and also see Sagan win his first.
I was there, that was great.

I had strongly considered going to cx worlds but for obvious reasons I lost interest.

I feel like tour of California is the only way to see the stars stateside these days, but stage races aren’t that fun to spectate unless you’re on a mountain in Europe. Cx or a worlds course gives you plenty of chances to see the action. Bummer, the wout mdvp show would have been fun.

Also to note: even among my cycling friends who race, maybe half actually watch pro cycling. Which is so different than any major sport (except maybe golf) where the spectators rarely play the sport they watch.

Does anyone know Frank O'Reilly? Somewhat local from Pearl River,N.Y.
He's racing juniors.
Wasn't there a Frank O'Reilly that did H2H? I'll be watching 👀!

He's racing juniors.
Frank Jr. has been ripping all year. It’s been a lot of fun watching him, AJ August, Spranger and a few others race at all the UCI races we have been to. I think one of them has a great shot to podium.

I was there, that was great.

I had strongly considered going to cx worlds but for obvious reasons I lost interest.

I feel like tour of California is the only way to see the stars stateside these days, but stage races aren’t that fun to spectate unless you’re on a mountain in Europe. Cx or a worlds course gives you plenty of chances to see the action. Bummer, the wout mdvp show would have been fun.
Another bummer, I think the Amgen tour of California went belly up in 2019.

I wanted a Wout/MVDP showdown myself but the race may be more exciting with a more open field. I would have been rooting for Wout. The Womens race is going to be the battle of the weekend IMO; many of those races have been so exciting this season. I would have liked to make the trip but COVID19 & AR’s approach shut that down for me personally. Truth is that seeing Elite Cross in Europe is spectacular (any race) and it is not quite the same thing in the US (even Worlds). At some point I will go back to BEL for Holy Week; that would be so much fun. I will be watching. Go Honsinger, O'Reilly (Dad was an H2Her) and White!

He's racing juniors.

I know Frank (the dad). His kid is ripping, for sure. He joined the Fincraft team years ago and was learning from Roger, which is a pretty good guy to learn from. I have not talked to dad since we hosted a race, but he is 1 of the best people in the sport. Always always always supported what we were doing and always super encouraging to everyone around him. Wish them both the best of luck with this, assuming it did not happen already.

I know Frank (the dad). His kid is ripping, for sure. He joined the Fincraft team years ago and was learning from Roger, which is a pretty good guy to learn from. I have not talked to dad since we hosted a race, but he is 1 of the best people in the sport. Always always always supported what we were doing and always super encouraging to everyone around him. Wish them both the best of luck with this, assuming it did not happen already.
I second all of this, apart from my last conversation with Frank (the dad) being at the March Mayhem race a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom