April 20, 2020...the day the world changed.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Thursday will be the day of reckoning for @Dave Taylor as amazon reports earnings.

So stock price is up 20%+ from January 1st, yet they are going to "tank" on earrings :rolleyes:
I am not trading Amazon as I mentioned. That is just my gut feeling. I see a lot of smaller, local places being supported like Dearborn and Delicious Orchards. I still feel the margins will be smaller resulting in less revenue. Not the first time I have been wrong however. On a side note Amazon is one of the few stocks I was consistently profitable on trading earnings from 12-18. It was a very consistent and predictable chart.

RobW

fix the cigarette lighter.

indeed. I am eyeing the 100-gallon tank on Ya Sista'z A$$ as a great place to temporarily store some mid grade 89 octane. Extremely temporarily.
View attachment 126331
Fish on.
Good ol Grady white! What year? My grandpa had a 76’ which is sitting on a ridge in middle Tennessee right now rotting on a new trailer lol!

Reactions: w_b

TimBay

Have economists really not planned for this? Seems like there might need to be a revamp of the global economy. I'm pretty ignorant on the subject, but I suppose currency is backed by resources like gold and oil and all that jazz. But if shit were to really hit the fan, mad max style, you think you'll be able to trade your digital funds for those goods? It's somewhat meaningless. Give everyone a million bucks, cap inflation and move on.

Edit: I know this is wrong for a ton of reasons.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Have economists really not planned for this? Seems like there might need to be a revamp of the global economy. I'm pretty ignorant on the subject, but I suppose currency is backed by resources like gold and oil and all that jazz. But if shit were to really hit the fan, mad max style, you think you'll be able to trade your digital funds for those goods? It's somewhat meaningless. Give everyone a million bucks, cap inflation and move on.

Edit: I know this is wrong for a ton of reasons.

currency is not backed by anything other than the trust that it can be traded for goods.

ammo and fuel are the new standard.

1587485232220.png

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The US dollar is just like any other fiat currency that has ever existed in that one day it will not be of any value.

TimBay

I also think it's funny that the idea of a free capitalist market is that big corporate execs can take every penny they can, put nothing aside for the company to the point that 1 bad month can destroy them. Have 0 responsibility and just sit back knowing that the American government they complain about paying taxes to has to give them trillions of dollars. The same execs continue to pocket money, rinse, repeat. The same execs are probably sitting around mad that not rich people don't have wealth put aside and need govt assistance.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I also think it's funny that the idea of a free capitalist market is that big corporate execs can take every penny they can, put nothing aside for the company to the point that 1 bad month can destroy them. Have 0 responsibility and just sit back knowing that the American government they complain about paying taxes to has to give them trillions of dollars. The same execs continue to pocket money, rinse, repeat. The same execs are probably sitting around mad that not rich people don't have wealth put aside and need govt assistance.
And they can drain the PPP that was designed for “small businesses”.

The Kalmyk

Playing the stock market when its a part time thing right now is a violation...

Burning money (U.S. Currency) is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code.

Top Bottom