Baldpate TM Work

rcarch

If you are interested in volunteering your time to clean up and restore the trail system at Baldpate, you are going to get your chance. We will soon be scheduling regular TM sessions in conjunction with JORBA/SMART with the hope of establishing a regular group of volunteers dedicated solely to Baldpate Mountain. Please check back here and/or join the Baldpate Mtn Riders FB page.

Anyone who volunteers will need to file a Volunteer Application with Mercer County Parks Commission. You can download the file here: www.state.nj.us/counties/mercer/commissions/pdfs/park_volunteerproapp.pdf

See you on the trails!

solorider

Baldpate TM

sounds good. recently moved to Lambertville, so I ride these trails more often and would like to get involved. what is the overall plan; gen maintenance, increase trail mileage, ect?

I'll add my 2¢ once I pick up a shovel...

rcarch

TM day Update

OK folks, our first trail maintenance day is going to be on Sunday April 29 from 8 AM until 12 PM, so come and bring a friend. If you have not done so, each volunteer will need to fill out the Volunteer Application for Mercer County. I will also have some paper copies with me. Fill it out and bring along with you so we can submit to the Parks Commission.

Trail work on the 29th is going to be primarily cutting back overgrowth, trail clearing and working on armoring a portion of the Pleasant Valley Trail that is in need of serious attention. Bring your gloves, boots and any other tools that you want (make sure you label them). I think we will have the SMART/JORBA equipment trailer there as well.

If you have any questions, please post or message me. The link for the Volunteer Application is here:

rcarch

Feedback on Trail Work

Any feedback from riders on the new work completed on the Pleasant Valley Trail? I rode it yesterday and the area is slowly draining, but still needs some tweaks. Love to hear some feedback!

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sat 7/7

Hey Baldpate Riders,
We REALLY need some volunteers for this Sat. We're planning on some much needed trimming.
Anyone want to bank some karma points?

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Blue trail

We were out this morning @ 7 am to beat the heat, trimming the blue trail. It looks great, but a lot more trimming needs top be done on the rest of the park. Possibly a week night TM is coming up shortly....Stay tuned for the next TM date.
Come on out and lend a hand, the more the merrier (and more will get done!)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Baldpate TM 8/4/2012

We're meeting at the Pleasant Valley Road parking lot @ 9 am on 8/4/12 for the next Baldpate TM.
Planning on more trimming and possibly more trail armoring if we have enough volunteers.
Bring a drink and a snack and a sense of humor. :)

See ya there!

-Mike

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
We're meeting at the Pleasant Valley Road parking lot @ 9 am on 8/4/12 for the next Baldpate TM.
Planning on more trimming and possibly more trail armoring if we have enough volunteers.
Bring a drink and a snack and a sense of humor. :)

See ya there!

-Mike

Just a reminder to anyone looking for something super fun to do this Saturday! :)

Bring your kids! My 9yr old Daughter loves coming to TM with me :getsome:

You can NEVER have too much good karma banked either! ;)

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
August 2012 TM Thanks

A big shout out to the Aug TM crew at Baldpate mtn.
We broke into two teams and conquered the thorns and overgrowth on part of the ridge trail (white), the upper switchback trail, red and Copper Hill.
It was a nasty hot & humid day but we got a lot done!
Awesome crew :cool: Thanks!

The volunteers:

Bert Blumenthal
Rich Carroll
Jill Marie Chambers
Barry Chambers
Ceili Sullivan
Michael Sullivan
Jarad Wenning
Jim Wenning

Last edited:

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I dont know the trail names but the only place i noticed overgrowth was the first 1/4 mile of trail off of church road, so good work! Hopefully I will be able to make it out one of these times.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
TM on 9/29/12

This Saturday, 9/29 is the next Baldpate TM session.

"No weed whacking this time around. We are going to get back to the dirt (and rocks, roots, mud, etc)! 9 am to 12 pm. This time we are going to meet at the Fiddlers Creek parking lot next to the main drive and shuttle up to the top. The JORBA trailer will be there and ready to go. So bring water and some carbs and a few friends. We will supply everything else."

See ya there!

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Sept Baldpate Mtn TM Thanks

A small but fun group of volunteers reworked another widened mud hole on the ridge trail (White) this past Saturday near the farm house. That should be the end of this one as well.
The wet season is coming. We're getting this place ready to ride all winter :)
Thanks to:

Rich Carroll
Mick Tormey
George Nickels
Jeff Conklin
Michael Sullivan

Here's a before shot thanks to Jeff and http://www.getoutsidenj.com/
assessing the situation....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...04276283.96075.131063283594124&type=1&theater

You'll have to wait to see the end result....or go see it for yourself :)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Oct 2012 TM

This is your chance to be heard and help make this place even better. Help us build a thriving cycling community for Baldpate Mtn.

Come on out and play in the Dirt/Rock! Lots of work to do this month...

The meeting location is TBA, I'll let you know when I know. ;)

Tools will be supplied by JORBA, Please bring water, a snack and a friend! A sense of humor also advised :)

-Mike

TeamMuddySprocket

This is your chance to be heard and help make this place even better. Help us build a thriving cycling community for Baldpate Mtn.

Come on out and play in the Dirt/Rock! Lots of work to do this month...

The meeting location is TBA, I'll let you know when I know. ;)

Tools will be supplied by JORBA, Please bring water, a snack and a friend! A sense of humor also advised :)

-Mike

Mike, I will try to come for some support, but I won't be able to do any work per doctors orders. Things coming along good so far, hope to get back on the bike by the end of the year !

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Mike, I will try to come for some support, but I won't be able to do any work per doctors orders. Things coming along good so far, hope to get back on the bike by the end of the year !

That's good news sir! Don't stress yourself though. It's a lot of walking...that in itself may be too much for you this soon after surgery.

Top Bottom