Beginner Ride Anyone?

MST.ESQ

I have been told the same thing by rangers at wells mills. One younger female ranger commented that she appreciated when bikers carried out poland spring water bottles. They are well aware that we don't typically carry those kinds of bottles in with us and like to see us stuff them in our jersey on our way through.

NikkyE

And as far as ticks??? The ticks and chiggers are worse here than at any other park I have ever been too. We stay away from March till November.

The ticks were so bad when I was there it looked like the ground was moving.I think they saw me as fresh meet. Gross!

elisa

:hitsfan:not to freak you out..but rubbing your exposed skin with apple cidear vinegar helps and/or spritzing your hair and clothes with it works great for ticks. You could do that in addition to your typical poison. :puke:
check yourself.:hitsfan:
I HATE HATE HATE Ticks...But I love the out doors....so I'd ride any way! Double Trouble park is flat and easy but nice wide trails make it an easy workout.

Lets ride and have fun!

NikkyE

:hitsfan:not to freak you out..but rubbing your exposed skin with apple cidear vinegar helps and/or spritzing your hair and clothes with it works great for ticks. You could do that in addition to your typical poison. :puke:
check yourself.:hitsfan:
I HATE HATE HATE Ticks...But I love the out doors....so I'd ride any way! Double Trouble park is flat and easy but nice wide trails make it an easy workout.

Lets ride and have fun!
I never heard of this but I'll try it. It can't hurt. I heard if you eat match heads the sulfur will keep the ticks away but who wants to eat match heads and smell like rotten eggs LOL
Thanks Elisa!

rlb

I never heard of this but I'll try it. It can't hurt. I heard if you eat match heads the sulfur will keep the ticks away but who wants to eat match heads and smell like rotten eggs LOL
Thanks Elisa!

I'm sure there's much more than sulfur in a match head, which will give you more problems than lyme disease!

elisa

ride captain ride

ride on saturday..who is in? wells mills, double trouble or allaire...I have a cool trail off of lacey road too..that we could try. Let me know.

NikkyE

ride on saturday..who is in? wells mills, double trouble or allaire...I have a cool trail off of lacey road too..that we could try. Let me know.

I have tentative plans to ride Wharton Saturday morning with my neighbor. I'll know what I'm doing for sure Friday night. I'd love to check out the trail in Lacey though. I never did head out to the Forked river mountain to find those old trails over the winter like I planned.

Wharton is always an option for a beginner ride too.:)

joemastro

I would definitely be up for a ride at any of these places. Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend.
Keep posting when you go out.
Also, I've never been to Wharton. It would be great to follow someone through there.

starflyr

when you wanna go? im working in barnaget thursday and friday i could be at wells mills around 5. that work for anyone? ill check back here manana before i head out to work

starflyr

man, i was in the southern ocean county area and decided to hit wells mills,

MISTAKE

i must have pulled close to 25 ticks off of me. it was ridiculous, everytime i looked down there were 3-4; on my shoes, in my shoes, on my legs nasty!

i wont be back here till after tick season

starflyr

so being that im in toms river now wells mills is pretty close, closer than allaire. i went here last week and can report that the ridin is good- NO MORE BUGS

im heading there by noon, anyone wana join and do a two hour loop?
i know the park pretty well and can put a nice loop together....

not too fast not too slow

rocknrollgirl

if it is above 40 degrees, you will stick get ticks in there, be careful or go to Allaire. fewer bugs and waaaayyyyyy better riding.

starflyr

wow i was always told ticks die atfter the first frezze... but that is a myth. they only die after their two year life cycle, but i was there last week and not one tick.... who knows im still gona head there today.... i have bug spray..... dont have the time to go to allaire.....hmm when i went last week it was under forty......ahh hell i dont know

anyone wanna go i know its short notice...but there is riders in southern ocean county that are sitting home, so why not go ride???

rocknrollgirl

I run at WM all winter, but rarely ride there and I live right in Manahawkin. I love to run there, but ride, not so much.

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I run at WM all winter, but rarely ride there and I live right in Manahawkin. I love to run there, but ride, not so much.

+1... well, that is minus the running part. I ride past the park on my road bike all of the time though :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom