BOBKE gota know

bobkennelly

Well, I was with my family yesterday around 3pm at my eldest sons apt in east windsor. He wanted to take a ride to a park 15 minutes away, Assunpink. I have not heard much about it at all through out the years, is there any formed trails?? I know its BIG..lots of acres, we parked at the lake, took some family pics and moved on, all the time there, I am looking for any clues,signs,,,,something of a trail network. Is there anything at all formed there?

I got to know....seems like a good place for the cross bike...

giff06

We road ride through there all the time on the tandem and I have never seen any evidence of MTB trails or bikes. Not sayin' they don't exist but we've never seen them.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

BCurry

I did some poking around there this winter, some trails, but nothing maintained so very raw. LOTS of hunters.

The Kalmyk

I live in Robbinsville and do a road loop thru there often.... Rtalk, it is a horse park more than anything... I road some trails there like 8 years ago... Not worth getting excited over... On the other hand, if the snow is heavy next year I plan on trying my new xc skis there... Assumpink is a gen for that

bobkennelly

Thanks for the imput,,,I was sort a thinking thes same thing. With Mercer and Clayton around, I dont think anybody is going to go there to make a trail network... Its for horses and hunters for now...maybe a ATV or two

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I vaguely recall someone talking about going in there to explore on the mtb and coming out covered in ticks, probably from all the bushwhacking they needed to do.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I ride my road bike through there occasionally. Lots of Elmer Fudd types in pick up trucks and camo that don't take kindly to guys wearing tights, riding bicycles.

I was coming up behind this guy on the side of the road. He didn't know I was there. He shot at something in the woods with a shot gun. I think I scared the shit out of him more than his gun blast scared the shit out of me...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom