Brandywine Valley Roubaix

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I signed up for the Brandywine Valley Roubaix (short version) on a whim and I really don’t know anything about the ride…. other than it’s on May 7th, it starts in West Chester, PA and it’s a mixed surface ride (dirt/gravel/pavement).

I don’t know the area and they haven’t sent out the course yet so I’m completely in the dark. Anyone out there know what to expect in that area?

Why the short course? cuz I’m not a “type two fun” person anymore, perhaps I never was…. 😳

I signed up for the Brandywine Valley Roubaix (short version) on a whim and I really don’t know anything about the ride…. other than it’s on May 7th, it starts in West Chester, PA and it’s a mixed surface ride (dirt/gravel/pavement).

I don’t know the area and they haven’t sent out the course yet so I’m completely in the dark. Anyone out there know what to expect in that area?

Why the short course? cuz I’m not a “type two fun” person anymore, perhaps I never was…. 😳
I did their "Fall Foliage" Roubaix a few years ago as COVID was waning and stuff was opening back up. Its a fun route, they stitch together some cool gravel and the area is pretty hilly.

These were the .gpx I had at that time:

Attachments

• 2019_BVR_-_Short_Course_(31_mi).gpx
    85.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 2019_BVR_-_Intermediate_Course_(41_mi).gpx
    107.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 2019_BVR_-_Full_Course_(61_mi).gpx
    158.4 KB · Views: 60
I did their "Fall Foliage" Roubaix a few years ago as COVID was waning and stuff was opening back up. Its a fun route, they stitch together some cool gravel and the area is pretty hilly.

These were the .gpx I had at that time:
Thx! Do you feel the off-road sections require chunky tires? Being that they said it’s close to 50/50 pavement to dirt, I’m trying to decide which gravel tires to use.

I’ve ridden in that area twice, once for the Roubaix and once for the Gravel Grape Crusher. Both times I use 38 mm Panaracer file treads at 40 psi. The only time I spun out was in a wet field in the Vineyard for the GGC. It was always fine on the Roubaix.

Back
Top Bottom