Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

mfennell

I mean I love shelby but goddam I think I own the only 60s mustang that he didnt sign or commission 😂

That reminds me of a funny story told to me by @SmoovP's friend Lewis, who was an announcer at Englishtown for years, and later for ESPN IIRC. Anyway, 'Ol Shel was around for one reason or another and getting kind of mobbed with autograph requests and whatnot. Lewis asked him if it bothered him. "I'm 80(whatever) years old. D*ck don't work anymore. This is all I got."

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That reminds me of a funny story told to me by @SmoovP's friend Lewis, who was an announcer at Englishtown for years, and later for ESPN IIRC. Anyway, 'Ol Shel was around for one reason or another and getting kind of mobbed with autograph requests and whatnot. Lewis asked him if it bothered him. "I'm 80(whatever) years old. D*ck don't work anymore. This is all I got."
thats great

It is rather amazing....Really, he did the last official work for ford around 1967....and granted...what he (and his team) did with the Cobra, Gt40, Daytona coupe, scca and mustang...truly legendary stuff and it should be remembered....but 60 years later ford is still paying to put his name on cars. Even after he's passed on, he still prints money with his name on a car.

and @Mr.Moto im sure that black hornet will still sell for a boat load......they can go out tomorrow and make the blue hornet, have shelbys kid sign it and it will probably sell for 300k :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this one really broke my brain at $140,000
1677247368135.png

Its a never started or run 427 cammer that was delivered to holman and moody in 1966.....NASCAR banned it soon after so it was never used for stock cars...sounds amazing and all. But really....what can you do with it? If you wanted to run it, you would have to take it apart after 50+ years of sitting...which would probably hurt its value...Since ford never installed these in any factory car, its not valuable as a missing piece to complete a rare car.

You can also buy a brand new version of this engine with all brand new modern part and an aluminum block from John Kasse for $55,000 that has all the bugs worked out.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
View attachment 208049

Its a never started or run 427 cammer that was delivered to holman and moody in 1966.....NASCAR banned it soon after so it was never used for stock cars...sounds amazing and all. But really....what can you do with it? If you wanted to run it, you would have to take it apart after 50+ years of sitting...which would probably hurt its value...Since ford never installed these in any factory car, its not valuable as a missing piece to complete a rare car.

You can also buy a brand new version of this engine with all brand new modern part and an aluminum block from John Kasse for $55,000 that has all the bugs worked out.

First, they need to put it on a blue engine stand, at the minimum.....
Then it can sit in a museum to be what it is.

mwlikesbikes

View attachment 208049

That thing needs to be in a drag racing museum, hopefully that’s where it’s going.
Here a cool story about how it came to be and the history of the “sock” motor

Top Bottom