Can we organize a kids’ day at Creek or any regional park?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I’ve got two boys age 10 and 14 who want to ride the bike park. Any other moms or dads want to meet up with us one weekend? My kids are beginners/intermediate riders. Would love for them to make DH friends, even if only for one day.

ebarker9

I’ve got two boys age 10 and 14 who want to ride the bike park. Any other moms or dads want to meet up with us one weekend? My kids are beginners/intermediate riders. Would love for them to make DH friends, even if only for one day.

Have they done the Vernon pump track? No shortage of kids in that age range riding at that place.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Have they done the Vernon pump track? No shortage of kids in that age range riding at that place.
Yes, and also the west Milford pump track. My kids are pretty good riders. The older one went to Creek once last year and the little one wants to go now too. This is specifically for the bike park, which is a whole different animal.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I ca try to meet up with you guys sometimes...I mean its hard bc trying to say ill be anywhere with my child at X time.....not always easy. But ill try to hit you up.

walked

My daughter is 7 but will be attending a kids intro to downhill camp later this month at Mountain Creek (she's by no means advanced, but way outriding her age currently doing a bunch of singletrack ).

Would be happy to find a weekend to do with ya if interested; we might be a bit slow for you guys though :p

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
big shot out to @Twillso for getting me a 15x100 26in front wheel....not exactly easy to find nowadays. Set up my sons Kona as a 26/24 mullet. Worked out awesome...hit triple drop, Twist and the jack which I thought was a little much for him with 24in wheels....Rode everything without issue, was really awesome to watch

Thanks again Tom!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
My daughter is 7 but will be attending a kids intro to downhill camp later this month at Mountain Creek (she's by no means advanced, but way outriding her age currently doing a bunch of singletrack ).

Would be happy to find a weekend to do with ya if interested; we might be a bit slow for you guys though :p
I'm just seeing this. How about Sunday, July 2nd we meet for a kids day?

Anyone else interested? My boys are 10 and 14 and both high beginner/low intermediate park riders.

@walked @UtahJoe

Twillso

big shot out to @Twillso for getting me a 15x100 26in front wheel....not exactly easy to find nowadays. Set up my sons Kona as a 26/24 mullet. Worked out awesome...hit triple drop, Twist and the jack which I thought was a little much for him with 24in wheels....Rode everything without issue, was really awesome to watch

Thanks again Tom!

That’s awesome, so glad it worked out! Sure we’ll be seeing you guys on the lift line plenty this summer :)

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Okay let's try this again...

Wednesday, July 19th meet up for a twilight session at Creek with the kiddos. 3:00pm to closing. Pizza afterwards. Who's interested?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Expecting excellent weather on Wednesday. I just picked up pads and goggles for my boys. They have helmets but have never used them outside of the driveway. All three of us are psyched! 😆

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
So if you're 5'3" then there's no bike for you... WTF?!?

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10.14.49 AM.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How were the trails? Park is closed today due to last night’s rain and today’s expected thunderstorms.
They were fine for most of what we rode.... Domboo was closed and they opened the new reroute on greenhorn.... The switchbacks. They were pretty muddy. I can see why they did this and it will be a much more beginner friendly section of trail than the old one.... But that said, they aren't much fun.

Otherwise, just puddles here and there

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Bikes rented and lift’s purchased. Planning to get there earlier than expected. If anyone is interested in meeting up, we’ll be there around noon on Wednesday, July 19th.

Ironjunk

i have an rei coop 20" bike it has like 2.3's on it. would creek let him roll with his rigid. He is almost 7 so we would be going slow

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
i have an rei coop 20" bike it has like 2.3's on it. would creek let him roll with his rigid. He is almost 7 so we would be going slow
I don’t know. You’d have to call MC. I rented size small DH bikes for my kids.

From my experience, newbies get a lot of hand fatigue and arm pump from braking so much. You guys will be stopping often. I think it’s best to have something with dual suspension and disc brakes.

ebarker9

They were fine for most of what we rode.... Domboo was closed and they opened the new reroute on greenhorn.... The switchbacks. They were pretty muddy. I can see why they did this and it will be a much more beginner friendly section of trail than the old one.... But that said, they aren't much fun.

Otherwise, just puddles here and there

Yeah I miss the old section of Greenhorn. It was nice having something that was a little bit of sustained speed, but totally agree that this makes sense for a beginner trail, so as to avoid high speed crashes. The switchbacks are really slow and miserable to ride though.

Top Bottom