Cannonball rock garden getting moved and smoothed

JerseyPete

There is a short rock garden on Cannonball, south of the lake and north of the 287 bridge. I noticed the rocks are getting removed and moved to make it smoother and less technical. This part of the trail starts by a small stream and lasts about 75 feet going up towards the lake.

There is a resident sow in the area (she had cubs last year) but I doubt it is the bear looking for grubs under rocks because I don't think she would smooth over the area.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
yes i saw the bear doing it...:rolleyes:

i noticed that last time I was there, it looked like a clean line (towards the left side). but i fcuked up the exit anyway :eek: Maybe it needs more rocks, it was just too easy....i'll throw some rocks back next time im there. :popcorn:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven't ridden over here in a while but I did notice some rocks dug up after you cross the stream on the new red trail (heading towards the school) & also on a little short PITA of an uphill towards the end of red, close to the fireroad. Clearly someone is trying to make it easier just by the location of rocks that are missing or maybe it's the bears. :hmmm:

JerseyPete

I haven't ridden over here in a while but I did notice some rocks dug up after you cross the stream on the new red trail (heading towards the school) & also on a little short PITA of an uphill towards the end of red, close to the fireroad. Clearly someone is trying to make it easier just by the location of rocks that are missing or maybe it's the bears. :hmmm:

I think you are talking about the other side of Skyline? This is more towards Haskell

And they're not strong technical riders, so they have moved some of the rocks to make it easier for themselves.

The last time I saw the sow, she was on a 26'er. That explains it.
:popcorn:

gingertooth

If anybody happens to come across people like that removing rocks off the trails then shoot them. literally....:getsome:

aedubber

Wow thats super lame .. Seriously if you cant ride it , please just walk the god damn line why is it so hard to do that ?!?! .. If i cant ride something i have no problem walking AT ALL ...

I mean i personally dont ride UP cannonball but i enjoy ripping down the trails , DO NOT TOUCH .

RNG1

I bet someone was embarrassed that they couldn't ride it and dressed up in a bear suit and moved the rocks so that if someone came by they couldn't be identified. However imagine if that person got shot this week because of the bear hunt. Man that would be crazy.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
that reminds me of a little rascals episode. does anyone remember the little rascals episode when the guy dresses up like a bear to scare them and the kids shoot him in the ass with arrows.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions