Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was washing the GF's TLX last week and couldn't figure out why the water wasn't beading AT ALL with two coats of Carpro UK 3.0 on it. After some questions, it turns out she used the pre-rinse/degreaser at the self serve bays at Shammy Shine. So she basically coated the paint in wheel cleaner. My fault, I never explained that lol. At least she knew not to run through the automated wash.

I decided to try a new product with rave reviews. Prep was the same and pretty easy as the degreaser cleaned the paint well lol. Decon wash with Dawn dish soap, Iron-X, quick clay, then an IPA wipe down. Just the decon seemed to refresh the ceramic quite a bit. Maybe the degreaser was sitting on top of the UK 3.0. Total was maybe 2.5 hours of prep. The next morning I applied one coat of the Adams Graphene (a second coat doesn't seem to do much as per online reviews). It was very easy to work with. Less sticky than the UK 3.0, flashes quicker, zero high spots to deal with, and it was easier to wipe off. Application took less than 2 hours. Cures in 4 hours instead of 12. Used about $10 in product instead of $50 and once open it doesn't crystallize and expire. The downside is it lasts 12-18 months instead of 24-36, so we'll see how it holds up. Even if I get a year out of it, it was so much easier to work with I'll likely stick with it.

20230520_093240.jpg20230520_093303.jpg20230520_093315.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I was washing the GF's TLX last week and couldn't figure out why the water wasn't beading AT ALL with two coats of Carpro UK 3.0 on it. After some questions, it turns out she used the pre-rinse/degreaser at the self serve bays at Shammy Shine. So she basically coated the paint in wheel cleaner. My fault, I never explained that lol. At least she knew not to run through the automated wash.

I decided to try a new product with rave reviews. Prep was the same and pretty easy as the degreaser cleaned the paint well lol. Decon wash with Dawn dish soap, Iron-X, quick clay, then an IPA wipe down. Just the decon seemed to refresh the ceramic quite a bit. Maybe the degreaser was sitting on top of the UK 3.0. Total was maybe 2.5 hours of prep. The next morning I applied one coat of the Adams Graphene (a second coat doesn't seem to do much as per online reviews). It was very easy to work with. Less sticky than the UK 3.0, flashes quicker, zero high spots to deal with, and it was easier to wipe off. Application took less than 2 hours. Cures in 4 hours instead of 12. Used about $10 in product instead of $50 and once open it doesn't crystallize and expire. The downside is it lasts 12-18 months instead of 24-36, so we'll see how it holds up. Even if I get a year out of it, it was so much easier to work with I'll likely stick with it.

View attachment 213906View attachment 213907View attachment 213908

Dave left out the part about what he did to said GF after her egregious transgression. It is really hard to find a non nude pic of a woman being whipped!

s-l1600.jpg

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Haven't washed my truck in about a year, but what's this IPA wipe down? I've definitely put down many IPA's this past year.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't washed my truck in about a year, but what's this IPA wipe down? I've definitely put down many IPA's this past year.

Isopropyl Alcohol. Wipes off all wax, grease, residue, blah blah for a good bonding surface for the ceramic. And a 10% IPA mix with water is plenty.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

I don't understand anything you said.

But I was arguing with my wife today that at the $5 car wash that has a sign to remove bike racks that I think it would be fine to go in with rack on.

It'll be fine right?

iman29

This is probably a PR for catching the most cars in a single picture just wished I was a little faster getting my phone out.

We had stopped off the side of route 23 in Oak Ridge and we hear all this popping noise and then this group comes rolling past.

Caught the last one with the go pro mounted to the rear.

$10M worth of cars in one pic ? It was pretty cool to see in person and then the light turned green it sounded like and F1 race.

@Carson pretty sure that’s your green color on a new GT3?

B69F1AF7-906F-412C-BA11-97C41C2379FB.jpegF4742BE2-6EB2-4E6A-9803-D0C42E976F7A.jpeg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
5 dollah wash down my way has those filthy spinning rags touchin the car. 10-15 bucks gets you the one where nothin touches it, so my assumption was filthy dirty spinnin rubber rags....
Oddly it's the $15 car was by me that has the rags that spin on your car. Local Facebook group has tons of posts asking where to get a car repaired after going there. $5 one is no-touch and is basically power washers going around the car.

And I saw the car @UtahJoe is in love with. More ladders this time. WTF

2023-05-20 18.43.22.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Went to a house in PA to pick up a couple of used kayaks from a couple that had just sold their lake house. Found this in the garage. 63 Nova convertible. Apparently some Chevy expert said these were not made in this color silver other than SS models, which this isn’t. But when they decoded the tag sure enough it was ordered that way from the factory, so is a pretty rare configuration. He plans to get it running again now that he’s downsizing.
IMG_8814.jpeg

Top Bottom