CCC Friday afternoon ride

BigDB67

Hey folks, I am going to go to CCC tomorrow around 1pm (weather permitting) and hit the trails from parking lot 7 or 8. Please let me know if you have interested in riding then!

I am going to try to make this a habit while I get out early on Fridays. FYI, I ride at the beginner level!

JDurk

Not as much traffic on this site for these locations. Most has moved over to FB. However, if there is anyplace that recovers pretty quickly after a rain, it's CCC.

TFTRL

I'm just getting back into riding again after a year. I had taken a hard fall at CCC last summer and messed up my hand, then crashed my shoulder playing racquetball at gym, which is still an injury I'm dealing with. My point is that I did two lighter rides at Parvin State Park a few weeks ago. The hand is no bad but I do have to ease back with regards to the shoulder, so I am looking to ride "light" for now. If your willing to "keep up" with my slow ass I'm interested in riding later if the weather is ok or maybe tomorrow. How old are you? What's your experience riding? BTW I have a single speed so I suffer! lol

BigDB67

I am a 35 year old 270 lb. bald guy and new to MTBing. I have decent cardio for a guy my size, I may huff and puff a lot but I make it the hills at CCC.

I need wife clearance to ride tomorrow... so I will keep you posted!

TFTRL

Ok. I'll be 49 in another month. 190lbs. I'm sure to suffer worse than you since I haven't had much muscle training for several months. Cardio wise not too bad since I play Rball alot. Keep me posted.

MikeP

I live 3 blocks from CCC, hit me up when you want to ride. I'm always up for showing a newb around. message me if you wanna ride

TFTRL

We've met a couple times briefly out on the trails Mike. It's great to have you as a CCC ambassador of sorts.

sj_john

Rode CCC yesterday afternoon. It was in good shape. No mud but stayed out of the low spots.

TFTRL

Thanks, that's good to know. Although if it does little harm to the trail I do love a good mud bath on my bike anyway. I've learned though to respect not "rippin" up the trails for others by riding muddy spots to hard. If I want mud there are nice muddy sections at Parvin's State Park that do nicely.

TFTRL

I'm headed out to CCC soon. Should arrive about 12 noon or so. I'll be with a friend who's just getting back into it as well so it will definitely be rides on the easiest of trails there. If anyone see's me on a Tan/Biege SE Stout single speed, say hi and let me know if you want to ride along too at that point.

BigDB67

I was out there today from 2-4. I saw a couple of guys out there! Conditions where great with all of the rain we had. I may reach out to you MikeP and TFTRL! Always more fun to ride in groups!

TFTRL

I ended up there around 1 till 3-ish with a friend. It was his first time at CCC and he really seemed to enjoy it except his legs were done by the end. We rode slowly but covered quite a bit. At one point, another guy came around with a fat tire bike. His first time too. We all rode together for most of the time there. I was the pack leader and for awhile got us more cardio than expected since I got a bit lost in the back section (where the real enduro stuff is). All in all was awesome to be riding again! As a bonus I rode the section I got hurt in that kept me out all year.

The conquering hero returns! Lol

We are gonna try for next weekend again so I'll contact you.

TFTRL

Ah! You were riding with someone else no? I may have moved over for you and your buddy to keep going the other direction? Funny enough I was wearing an Iron Man shirt!

BigDB67

Yup! Totally saw you!

Almost commented on your shirt too but I was too busy huffing and puffing! I am a nerd at heart!

TFTRL

LOL! We have the nerd thing in common then! Love my Iron Man and comic related things in general my whole life. In fact, more recently I've gotten into Batman stuff myself being a Marvel-ite much more so. Example: Just yesterday at WalMart I bought a Batman fedora hat! lol! My beanie size head had to buy a kid size small! lol!

Also, within the last couple years I've been collecting and watching much Godzilla stuff too!

We def need to ride!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions