CCC riders

AdamK55

Hey guys. I have been riding back here since the beginning of may almost every day. While sometimes I have a friend tag along, I usually ride by myself. Im the guy with the orange nike bag and the red and gray Raleigh M30. I love it back here. It would be nice to find some buddies to ride with more often though. If you see me there, don't hesitate to say hi. Usually there anywhere between 1030 and 3. I am also buying a new bike in a couple weeks.....trek 3700 disc. Would like some opinions on what to look for. Im in the $600 max price range.

MikeP

IMO if you're mostly riding our local spots you might wanna look at a HT 29er. Trek has the x-caliber at several different price points if you wanna stay with Trek. A lot of companies are phasing out 26" bikes.

here's the X-Cal 4:
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/cross_country/x_caliber_29/x_caliber_4#

I think your best bet is to look for deals on leftover '13 bikes since it's the end of the season and the '14s are rolling out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

BShow

I think your best bet is to look for deals on leftover '13 bikes since it's the end of the season and the '14s are rolling out
Action Wheels usually has a solid closeout sale. Might be worth stopping in and asking if they have any leftovers in your size and price range.

MikeP

I usually ride there a few times a week and never mind showing somebody around.

Last edited:

AdamK55

Yeah I was in peddler's shop thats where i saw the 3700. Once i get enough money for the bike i am going to have a guy talk me through everything. the trek is on sale for 560, but i am definately going to be looking at the others as well.

I know my way around these trails pretty good. Never really have to stop or break a loop. If you see me out there say hi and get to know me. Always looking for new buds to ride with.

Where is action wheels?

MikeP

Each company's frames a bit different. There's no substitute for going to your LBS and seeing what fits.

AdamK55

ive made my decision. Im gonna get a gt timberline 1.0. has everything im looking for, great price, good frame to upgrade. If i get it today after work I am going RIGHT to the trails =)

AdamK55

didnt get the timberline. got the gt karakoram 2 days ago. could not be happier with my choice. The bike is fast as hell and rides like a dream.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions