Cedar Grove... worthwhile to demo enduro bike?

bmwpowere36m3

Pivot is having a demo day at Cedar Grove. I've been on a Switchblade and really want to try out a Firebird. However I suspect, this may not be a great venue to get a true flavor of the bike. I'm in CT and my only NJ experiences have been a Mayhem race in Medford, Allamuchy and Chimney Rock.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know the area well and can't confirm what trails the demo loop will be using but yea a firebird will be alot of bike for those trails . Most of the downhills are measured in seconds not minutes but at the same time there's tons of hidden features sprinkled all around the trails so it's possible to get a good feel on how the bike works , your just not going to get longer high speed runs in .

Cassinonorth

Being as you've got the bike for 3 hours you can really do the entire Hilltop/Mills area and then some.

Agree with Ryan, Firebird is going to be a ton for the system but there's some pretty hefty stuff to test it out...in quick spurts. A drop here, a jumpline there, a techy downhill that lasts about 30 seconds. If you do end up coming down, shoot me a PM. I'll give you a tour that morning.

bmwpowere36m3

I know the area well and can't confirm what trails the demo loop will be using but yea a firebird will be alot of bike for those trails . Most of the downhills are measured in seconds not minutes but at the same time there's tons of hidden features sprinkled all around the trails so it's possible to get a good feel on how the bike works , your just not going to get longer high speed runs in .

Thanks, that's what I figured...

bmwpowere36m3

Being as you've got the bike for 3 hours you can really do the entire Hilltop/Mills area and then some.

Agree with Ryan, Firebird is going to be a ton for the system but there's some pretty hefty stuff to test it out...in quick spurts. A drop here, a jumpline there, a techy downhill that lasts about 30 seconds. If you do end up coming down, shoot me a PM. I'll give you a tour that morning.

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. I wish there was something closer to test on. Then again, most of CT is that way as well, short DH sections. Though there's a few places really packed with big features I like to frequent (Trumbull, Crescent, and Nepaug) and more enduro rides like Graham and Westwoods. I don't ride park much, so I'm questioning if something like a bigger enduro is going to "change" or enhance my riding.

There's a bike shop in Medford, MA that demos (for a fee) Pivots and its near Vietnam and Lynn Woods...

Top Bottom