Coffee

How old is old for whole beans?

I only buy beans less than a week since roasting, but how long until they go bad?

How old is old for whole beans?

I only buy beans less than a week since roasting, but how long until they go bad?

I’ve read most beans peak around 1-3 weeks. The real coffee nerds will freeze their beans once they decide they’ve properly aired out. After that they very rapidly deteriorate. IME a week is all you get after that best cup then it’s considerably worse. You’re talking a month ballpark and they’re really not the same.

Not that I'm in Walmart all that often, but the local store where I found a few varieties of Rothrock available, also had several Black Rifle flavors.
I avoid Walmart at all costs but went to find Rothrock. While my Walmart has BRC, they did not have Rothrock. Apparently the Walmart near school carries it but I have yet to go.

I avoid Walmart at all costs but went to find Rothrock. While my Walmart has BRC, they did not have Rothrock. Apparently the Walmart near school carries it but I have yet to go.
I'm with you on avoiding Walmart. My last visit was to get supplies in preparation for waxing my chain. Walmart actually had a better selection in stock than the local Home Depot.

Two decades ago I went to Israel for 10 days. With the time difference I was dying and all I wanted was a cup of coffee. Every house and the places I was staying at had instant coffee.

About 8 days into the trip we went into some mall that had a coffee shop. I go to the coffee shop and it was like I entered heaven. I ordered a coffee and the guy behind the counter grabbed a mug put it on the counter in front of me and then started scooping instant coffee into it...

I'm still disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom