cutting new trails?

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know whats going on with the newly cut trails off of red and white. Looks like a hiking trail thats cuts threw some pretty knarly stuff, unridable cliffs in spots.

Ironjunk

They brought the gnar with those trails. The trails are rideable, maybe not up the chutes, but definitely down.

Psylosl

Shop: Cycle Works
Shop Keep
Who ever is building keep doing it, SO WE HAVE ONE LESS PARK TO RIDE IN. The rangers know about them. If the trails keep popping up the state is going to step in and close the park.

xc62701

Exactly - of all the parks where things will go unnoticed...THIS IS NOT THE PLACE. The rangers are all over KVSP and know about everything going on. There is already some angst against the riders who are making trails and if it continues it will be hiking only. As part of Team Bulldog - we have a great rapport with the rangers there and we go in to fix a lot of the random trails and help support the good relations with the park. Don't F it up.

BAIN

EDITED:

Because what was done in the past shouldn't ruin the positive doings of the present and future:

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ya know, i rode there the other day and was thinking the EXACT same thing. who knows if these folks are even on the board though? what needs to happen is the community that is on here need to stay alert. look for people doing the wrong thing and report them. bottom line.

i hate to say it, but the white trail (off of both sides of red) is a prime example of that. one day it wasn't there, the next day it was. then one day it was fully marked. while i'm not 100% sure, i'm pretty sure this was not an approved trail. at this point it may as well be a fully approved trail.

if it doesn't stop, we'll all be eliteist douchebag roadies. it's not too far from the truth, at least the roadie part.

edit: you should have left your comment there ryderx.

ryderX

"As part of Team Bulldog - we have a great rapport with the rangers"

Funny as how you guys were responsible for cutting that "illegal" trail across from the cage near 206

I disagree with this post. Team Bulldog does not, has not and will not cut trails illegally. It's this type of posting that discredits the MTBNJ forum. If you've got proof I'd turn it over to the park rangers. Simple and concise. Throwing out baseless accusations is weak and ultimately harm the riding community.

xc62701

Funny as how you guys were responsible for cutting that "illegal" trail across from the cage near 206

Really? And you still believe in Santa Claus... :rolleyes:

gtluke

The Moped
It's this type of posting that discredits the MTBNJ forum.

I got in an argument with a stranger at Lewis Morris Park last week, don't trust anything you hear at Lewis Morris Park, it's not a trustworthy place to have discussions or arguments.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BAIN said:

You need to spend some time alone. 80% of your posts are overreactions.

If you have proof please do as RyderX says and bring it to the attention of the rangers. Otherwise...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I disagree with this post. Team Bulldog does not, has not and will not cut trails illegally. It's this type of posting that discredits the MTBNJ forum. If you've got proof I'd turn it over to the park rangers. Simple and concise. Throwing out baseless accusations is weak and ultimately harm the riding community.

thanks for posting that back up. you guys are a respectable group and should speak up when people say crap like this.

Shaggz

A strong 7

Next comment like ths and you are in the permanent penalty box. RyderX is reasonable, so if you have something to say, bring it up to him in person as opposed to hiding behind a monniker in a public forum. I am sure he will be receptive to a constructive conversation.

BAIN

EDITED:

Because what was done in the past shouldn't ruin the positive doings of the present and future:

Last edited:

ryderX

If the trail your talking about is not on the official park map it is regarded as an illegal trail by park officials. Team Bulldog does not cut illegal trails, in fact we probably spend more time closing down the illegal trails ( at the direction of park officials) than we do maintaining existing trails. I would gladly meet with you anyday of the week so we could discuss your concerns. PM if you care.

Deeptrax

I hate to revive this but I was at KVSP recently and it looks like the trail was actually brush and stuff being cleared for access to some poles with power lines. Looks like some tracked equipment went up the red trail and off into the woods over the rocks. Must be some sort of right of way or just regular maintenance.

Squeaky_Seat

I rode with the group yesterday after I did a warm up loop on all the trails up the rail bed and up to the cell tower. The mud has all but disappeared and the trails are looking pretty good, maybe us fat bikes have been grooming and packing the mud down. Anyway,

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with the red trail?

The top section coming from the cell tower down to the intersection of the yellow has been completely reconfigured to look more like a down hill race course with about 6 jumps and entire switch backs removed. The opposite side of the red is still messed up too with at least 4 spots of trees down, 2 on the upper half and 2 on the lower. One of the sections on top looks to have been purposely blocked off by someone trying to make a reroute to the top of the cell tower.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately sounds like deliberate trail poaching. Not cool especially in that park where our privileges are under the scope as is.

jdgang

I ran KVSP on sunday, Squeky is correct the Red coming down to the Yellow has been cut straight like a DH course. At least three small gap jumps have been built as well as some smaller jumps.

ryderX

Fortunately or not the KVSP DH run was discovered by the park. It's ugly and worrisome. I'm sure it's none of us here or even anyone we know, but we need to spread the word that the impact looks like it will be drastic. Stay tune for further info.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Fortunately or not the KVSP DH run was discovered by the park. It's ugly and worrisome. I'm sure it's none of us here or even anyone we know, but we need to spread the word that the impact looks like it will be drastic. Stay tune for further info.
Lemme know when y'all really wanna bust somebody cause I'm getting tired of all the drama:popcorn:

Top Bottom