D&R Canal Towpath Conditions

rlb

After the Jan 10th storm the canal towpath has been a bit beat up. As far as I know:

Bound Brook - Zarephath is pretty beat up. Contractors are out there actively fixing it up, but major washboard effect in some areas.
Zarephath to Amwell Rd was fine last time I went through (a few weeks ago)

Does anyone have intel from Amwell to Griggstown, or Bound Brook to New Brunswick? The park website doesn't list these areas as impacted.

I just rode from New Brunswick to Trenton on Saturday. The first section is passable but in fairly rough shape, there's no top layer and some pretty deep ruts before the cobbles. Pretty much perfect from Zarapath to Rocky Hill, then the trail is closed but rideable apart from one pretty deep washout. Princeton section is muddy. Bridge over Rt1 and after is good.

Thanks, looking for a spot to take the kids Saturday, think I stick with the Zarephath - Rocky Hill section.

A week ago I rode the towpath between Amwell Rd and this spillway that's south of Griggstown. This spillway was the worst spot. There were some short washboard sections caused by water flowing across the towpath from the canal to the river.

llFu3OXK9wYW1H12N1fL8D0XpgrtPyFZFGNCpb3RKAs-2048x1536.jpg

A week ago I rode the towpath between Amwell Rd and this spillway that's south of Griggstown. This spillway was the worst spot. There were some short washboard sections caused by water flowing across the towpath from the canal to the river.

llFu3OXK9wYW1H12N1fL8D0XpgrtPyFZFGNCpb3RKAs-2048x1536.jpg
Looks rideable on my dropbar bike. #whodaf*ckrides650b

Thanks, looking for a spot to take the kids Saturday, think I stick with the Zarephath - Rocky Hill section.
The section by Princeton is great for kids. The big pond and zigzag bridge is always a favorite. Park at either Kingston or Rocky Hill

Back
Top Bottom