Estell tips and info?

TeamMuddySprocket

I have been transfered to the mays landing area for work for a few months and see that I'm right next to the park. How is the park, easy to navigate? Anyone want to meet up Wednesday nights? Thanks for the info

moray42

Merman
It is a small park, so after a little time it is easy to figure out. One thing to keep in mind is that the MTB trails are at the north end away from the main park. From the intersection in mays landing heading down 50 to the park, there will be a left turn onto a dirt rd around 0.5-1 mile before the main park entrance. There is a power pole with a junction box and a brown parks sign that I use as landmarks for the turn. This is artesian well rd. At the first intersection on artesian we'll take a left to the lot. Trails head out a few directions from there.
Here is a link to a recent loop I did. There are some other intersecting trails here and there, but this is a general loop of the singletrack. I don't know if ill be able to make any weds trips, but if so ill be in touch.
https://www.strava.com/activities/123070919

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Are mtbs allowed in the southn half?

On some but not all trails.

The southern side of the park is developed with the: Veterans Cemetary, childrens playgrounds, fitness trail, etc. I cant think of any reason to tell anyone to ride the southern side of the park. Except to feed the ducks or look for playfull otters.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Pretty much all covered above. The south end is all open to bikes with the exception of boardwalks more or less. I ride it sometimes to build mileage or meet the fam at the playgrounds. There are also some historic spots worth seeing once.

Pm me when you are headed out, I can give a tour.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions