Fanny pack hydration

rlb

Are these things still all the rage? My CamelBak has water from 2019 in it right now. And the pack itself has seen better days.

This evoc caught my eye:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are these things still all the rage? My CamelBak has water from 2019 in it right now. And the pack itself has seen better days.

This evoc caught my eye:
Edit, never mind. I have the evoc that holds 1 bottle and I like it alot.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

This evoc caught my eye:
I haven’t tried a hip pack with a bladder as of yet, but this one would be my first choice.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

For me, hydration is the only reason to go this route because I sweat like a (insert sweating reference here). In the cooler months I can get by w/ 1-2 bottles and tools in a dingleberry pack, but I need the extra water in the summer.

I think I'll add this to my growing list of new shit to buy.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I haven’t tried a hip pack with a bladder as of yet, but this one would be my first choice.
How trendy have fanny packs become that this sells for $135? They're $5.97 at Walmart. Though, I guess the math works compared to my $15k bicycle.

JonFern

Formerly: send jon ferns

This evoc caught my eye:
I have this hip pack - it’s comfortable. Chose it because it can do bladder or bottles (or both, I suppose). Many of the hip packs available at the time could do either one or the other.

rlb

I have this hip pack - it’s comfortable. Chose it because it can do bladder or bottles (or both, I suppose). Many of the hip packs available at the time could do either one or the other.
Good feedback, thanks.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just carry 1 water bottle and a water filter if I think I can get away with it.

rlb

Not ready to shove a life straw into any NJ True Green runoff channels creeks just yet!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Probably me but I purchased the evoc hip pack as my lab austere was pretty abused. Figured since there were people who raved about them. Well after about a dozen rides I'm done and reordered a new LA. Maybe my hips are different then others but the pouches suck for transfers and the pack felt like a bulk load that would get hung up on my saddle constantly. Lab Austere to me seems to disappear when wearing then feel like a load. Just my opinion your results may differ.

Top Bottom