Finally decided to stop lurking and join up

BuzzBomber

Greetings all!

I'm not new to MTBing, but new to mtbNJ. Started riding way back in HS and through college in the 90s and kinda fell out of it getting busy with the usual stuff. As my kids started getting old enough and I had the pleasure of teaching them to ride bikes and work our way up to simple trail rides, I realized a) I missed just riding a bike, wherever, and b) I'm getting fat, old, and lazy, so I needed more exercise than the motorcycles were giving me.

So, here I am. Eased back into MTBing on a Scott Aspect several years back to see if I was still game for it - well, it stuck. Currently riding a Giant Fathom as my trail hardtail, gravel/road/whatever bike that sees by far the most use, and a Yamaha YDX Moro Pro for the days I need a little boost. Spend most of my saddle time at KVSP and Allamuchy North (couple of days most weeks) since they are right at my doorstep, also get out to Deer Park and Stephens but not as much as I'd like to. Mostly a solo rider just fitting rides in wherever I can between work and everything else, but if you see me out, say hi and I'll return the favor!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Buzz- Welcome!
KVSP is my backyard-
If you see a guy in an Orange and Blue, shout out!

And keep an eye out for our group rides-
Always a hoot

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome aboard (pun?)

Old guys rule - ask me how i know!
Go get it.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome, keep riding. Post up rides, meet others, drink the kool-aid.
Stay tuned for next mtbnj group ride in November.

iman29

Welcome!

Mostly a roadie, (aka advanced beginner MTBKr) I lurked on here for a while before signing up and the next thing you know these guys have me riding 12 miles at Stephens state park on my midFat Hardtail Timberjack. (almost died but fun!).

Im also in North Jersey my home trial is really Dickerson Mine and Nassau trails, but I might venture to SSP on the occasional group ride or with a few of the other more experienced riders on here.

check for group rides on here and if/when your kids are old enough check out NJ NICA too, bunch of folks on here are coaches and we even have board members too.

Oh and there's plenty of us on here that ride indoors too so no shame in that ;-)

ride on!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Fellow old fart with similar riding background, still have my 90's stumpy. If you ever want to try Wildcat let me know. It's like Mooch, except the rocks are in all the wrong spots. ;)

Top Bottom