Found: Crank Brothers Pedal

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
the cheap ones are REALLY cheap stamped steel, not surprised that those break, but the nicer ones (not sur where SL lands in their lineup now) are cast 17-4 and seem to hold up well to my riding in the north jersey rocks . . . . either way, glad you found something that works for you.

the bearings on the shimano SPDs (mtn bike spds) just didnt last, 1kmiles and they were grinding, non-servicable bearings meant new pedal time . . . . tried a pair of borrow times, but probably didnt have enough time to get adjusted, the eggbeaters just felt right, plus consistency is nice(not adjustable with a screw, you change the cleats to adjust).

several iirc . . .

A dozen. 3 or 4 XTR pedals, the rest were XT. Including a brand new pair of 8000s.

JDurk

How to properly service Egg Beaters. From '13 on Rich Dillen's blog page. http://teamdicky.blogspot.com/2013/10/avoiding-great-customer-service.html

CBmanual.jpg

Full disclosure, I have Shimano 540s on 3 bikes and XTs on 1 bike. 1 pair of 540s is probably 10+yrs old. I did manage to break the drive-side XT that was used about 3 years.

Last edited:

qclabrat

Agree with SS, the low end model are really crappy and won't survive a season. But the ones with the better spindles are pretty bombproof. I have one in Ti which won't die

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
OMG he's gone rogue!:eek:

Ha. No. I'm on the Sram Off-Road Team. I've been on Di2 for 3 years or so now, mostly because my bike is a demo for customers to try the newest and coolest. Ultegra Di2 is the most popular groupset on road bikes by a long way, probably 9 out of 10 bikes we sell. Will be interesting to see how the new Sram Force AXS group plays in the mix as it's in the same pricepoint and a better groupset IMO.

JerseyPete

Ha. No. I'm on the Sram Off-Road Team. I've been on Di2 for 3 years or so now, mostly because my bike is a demo for customers to try the newest and coolest. Ultegra Di2 is the most popular groupset on road bikes by a long way, probably 9 out of 10 bikes we sell. Will be interesting to see how the new Sram Force AXS group plays in the mix as it's in the same pricepoint and a better groupset IMO.
How do you pronounce that; dee eye 2 or die 2?

BPaze

Fair point. Not sure why I thought this was at CR. Oddly, I knew exactly in CR where this happened. So much for my world view of things. Going to go back to thinking about max building a wooden sink with his goggles on now.
Wow just wow this is gold you have some of the best Max quotes like you have known him your whole life lol

serviceguy

Wow just wow this is gold you have some of the best Max quotes like you have known him your whole life lol
Now that I think about I’ve never seen @Norm and @Fire Marshal Max together...uhm...is it possible they’re the same person in disguise trying to fool us all? And since it was long since determined that @Paul H and @Fire Marshal Max were one and the same...do I even exist?!?! [/thread whoring]

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions