Frost woods East Brunswick

Dajerseyrat

Looks as if someone started to partake in a little trail clean up and maintenance in the long neglected Frost Woods.. There are some cool features here and I can get a decent quick ride right down the street from my house. Hopefully these little trails can be cleaned up a bit for spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_131032.jpg
    IMG_20190104_131032.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_20190104_124145.jpg
    IMG_20190104_124145.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_20190104_124128.jpg
    IMG_20190104_124128.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_20190104_124138.jpg
    IMG_20190104_124138.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 392

w_b

I can just about ride there from home too. I think I need to find a safe way across rt1 tho, details, details,

LMK and we can meet up for an impromptu TM.

w_b

That reminds me, new year, time to re-up my JORBA membership. Please consider donating to this worthy cause.

Mountain Bike Mike

Looks as if someone started to partake in a little trail clean up and maintenance in the long neglected Frost Woods.. There are some cool features here and I can get a decent quick ride right down the street from my house. Hopefully these little trails can be cleaned up a bit for spring.
10 mile loop on some old quad trails just up Old Stage rd.. i need to ride there soon.. maybe i’ll do some laps on Sunday

Dajerseyrat

10 mile loop on some old quad trails just up Old Stage rd.. i need to ride there soon.. maybe i’ll do some laps on Sunday
You talking about the trails near helmetta road at the end of old stage? I rode in there a few years ago, till they spotted a bear in there...They wound up catching it near cresent Ave.

Dajerseyrat

There was a massive tree down on one of the trails, I made a log rollover to keep the flow. There is another section that has many trees down and needs some TLC. I need a friggin chainsaw and a battery powered leaf blower...?

02camaro

always wanted to ride there for nostalgic sake, used to be my old stomping grounds for XC training when i went to Spotswood High. many of afternoons were spent fooling around in the woods but equally as many were spent suffering when the coaches actually came with us to make sure we were doing what we were supposed to.

we will have to set up a ride one day

Last edited:

Dajerseyrat

always wanted to ride there for nostalgic sake, used to be my old stomping grounds for XC training when i went to Spotswood High. many of afternoons were spent fooling around in the woods but equally as many were spent suffering when the coaches actually came with us to make sure we were doing what we were supposed to.

we will have to set up a ride one day
We need to clean up and properly mark the trails. Someone has put up some red tape to mark them but some of it has been torn down. Anyone wanna splurge with me on some reflective markers to screw to the trees??

qclabrat

Never heard of the park, but it great to see towns like this supporting riding in a safe environment. So tired of the county BS in so much of state, nice to see a town making good.

02camaro

We need to clean up and properly mark the trails. Someone has put up some red tape to mark them but some of it has been torn down. Anyone wanna splurge with me on some reflective markers to screw to the trees??
can of spray paint? but maybe markers are better since they arent permanent

Mountain Bike Mike

Frost woods - There used to be a small set of jumps built by the locals neighborhood kids not far from the trail head near the townhouses..

The Kalmyk

The trails i’m talking about connect to helmetta... but that area was guarenteed to have cops / confisgated / tickets / inpound

Yup- we are talking about the same place. I just threw in the S Pits because those were two places I rode as well. Had a Honda 4tracs 250cc.

Top Bottom