Going Long and Hard.

T-Town Tuesday. Had another Rabbit interaction but my phone was in my bag. He was stuck on the track and did like 3 laps before one of the other people there got him to hop into the infield.

5F493B09-CC3F-4174-A222-6774119366E5.jpeg

Happy new Red day!!

This one was a fun project to be part of. 22 of us were involved. I rode 2 shifter types, 5 or 6 rear derailleurs, multiple cassettes, and 2 new Hammerhead products during the year and a half development of this group. I’m the only one on a 1x version.

Thanks for not leaking any of my bike photos.

C9518F6A-6A87-48E4-9FB2-74961073B32F.jpeg

Happy new Red day!!

This one was a fun project to be part of. 22 of us were involved. I rode 2 shifter types, 5 or 6 rear derailleurs, multiple cassettes, and 2 new Hammerhead products during the year and a half development of this group. I’m the only one on a 1x version.

Thanks for not leaking any of my bike photos.

View attachment 238453
I haven’t looked at any of the actual details of the new group, but I can say that the ergonomics of the new shifters are really fucking nice.

Cool. Just watched a review. It's not that much different from the 2.
I'll get the new one if they offer a good trade-in deal or can sell mine for decent price.

I think the only worthwhile change is in the battery life. I did CtC with the 3 and it made it 15ish hours each day without dying. They more than likely will add the connective features with a firmware update to the 2. I’ve only used the upload ride function through the app but it’s supposed to do more stuff. Now they’re only 10 years behind Garmin which is huge step up for Hammerhead 😂

I think the only worthwhile change is in the battery life. I did CtC with the 3 and it made it 15ish hours each day without dying. They more than likely will add the connective features with a firmware update to the 2. I’ve only used the upload ride function through the app but it’s supposed to do more stuff. Now they’re only 10 years behind Garmin which is huge step up for Hammerhead 😂
I haven't used a Garmin since the Karoo 1 was released. Back then I hated my Garmin.
Haven't seen anything that would make me go back. The Karoo is great IMO.
Sure the battery life is not the best, but it's good enough for me.
Hammerhead > Garmin = IMO

I haven't used a Garmin since the Karoo 1 was released. Back then I hated my Garmin.
Haven't seen anything that would make me go back. The Karoo is great IMO.
Sure the battery life is not the best, but it's good enough for me.
Hammerhead > Garmin = IMO
Are you still running a Karoo 1 or have you upgraded to a Karoo 2? I had a Karoo 1 and loved it, but it got to the point where the battery wouldn't last more than an hour in the winter even when starting fully charged. I traded it in for a Karoo 2, but miss that gorgeous big screen on the "1."

Are you still running a Karoo 1 or have you upgraded to a Karoo 2? I had a Karoo 1 and loved it, but it got to the point where the battery wouldn't last more than an hour in the winter even when starting fully charged. I traded it in for a Karoo 2, but miss that gorgeous big screen on the "1."
I have been running the karoo 2 for the last year. For my needs it's been great. That said I have 2 left on the shelf which need to be 1/ 2 off now...

I still use both. My track bike and Allez will only take a Garmin mount so any time on them is with an 830. Everything else is with the Karoo3. Until a few updates ago it was exactly the same as the 2 with the exception of syncing with Red. The last update came Friday when everyone got the SRAM crate for the launch where the Companion App became public, previous it was just on Test Flight. Not sure if that function is backwards compatible with the 2, but they write their own stuff so if it isn’t that’s a miss.

I got the K2 as soon as it was released. Traded in the K1.
I do miss the giant screen on the K1, but the K2 has been great.

I still use both. My track bike and Allez will only take a Garmin mount so any time on them is with an 830. Everything else is with the Karoo3. Until a few updates ago it was exactly the same as the 2 with the exception of syncing with Red. The last update came Friday when everyone got the SRAM crate for the launch where the Companion App became public, previous it was just on Test Flight. Not sure if that function is backwards compatible with the 2, but they write their own stuff so if it isn’t that’s a miss.
I use the Garmin mount on all my bikes. Adapter on the Karoo. The HH mount is great, but I'm not buying one for every bike.

I use the Garmin mount on all my bikes. Adapter on the Karoo. The HH mount is great, but I'm not buying one for every bike.

I use the K-Edge inserts on everything except the 2 bikes. The stock Karoo mount is a colossal POS, I went through 4 or 5 of them before I had them send me K-Edge parts 😂

The track bike actually doesn’t have room to run the Karoo because it’s so big, same with the Allez. The 3 has buttons on the bottom so you need a longer mount than the 2.

Back
Top Bottom