Hamburg WMA

DLB

Hi! I wound up doing about half (1/3rd, more likely) of it. There were a couple of places of nonsense (like where the trail goes straight into a clearcut line that is completely overgrown with six foot leaves. I'll be returning, it was somewhat amusing and it's nice to have some level of flow, I'm used to chunk for days. Thanks for the work!View attachment 196560
1663623258500.png
Excellent! So happy it's getting some use! I updated your track with the stuff you missed and pointed out what I cleared out yesterday. The little pond on the bottom is a giant PITA to get to and to maintain, so I am going to layout a cut-off that will avoid it (and the climb up out of there). I have a plan...

kaitlyn

Thanks! I enjoyed following the cats. So you cleared out the section that I hit a wall of greenery? That's a bit of a task. It had some fun rock garden right before it.

kaitlyn

Hey peeps! I decided to explore a bit more of this forgotten land today. Things get seriously confusing a little downhill from the derelict cabins. Anyways, I was wondering what is down this trail I found. Where does it lead? See pics for visual and location. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20231015_170509759.jpg
    PXL_20231015_170509759.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20231015_170556279.jpg
    PXL_20231015_170556279.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 6.13.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 6.13.31 PM.png
    448.4 KB · Views: 92

mntal

Hey peeps! I decided to explore a bit more of this forgotten land today. Things get seriously confusing a little downhill from the derelict cabins. Anyways, I was wondering what is down this trail I found. Where does it lead? See pics for visual and location. Thanks!
I believe that trail will take you to the top of the more southern ski runs at mountain creek. have ridden most of this years ago (or ran it doing multiple spartan races) and went back to some old heat maps. it crosses another trail on the way to the ski runs. if you kept running south on the trails you cross, you would likely end up back on the yellow (from the pic). check out strava actually I as think this network shows up on there even without the heatmap - I can def find your picture point and from there it is a choose your own adventure of a labyrinth of trails. that entire thing actually all the way down to 23 has some cool stuff. one of the routes (been so long I don't recall which one) has a crazy amount of old cars along the way that frankly I can't even figure out how they got there in the first place.

kaitlyn

I believe that trail will take you to the top of the more southern ski runs at mountain creek. have ridden most of this years ago (or ran it doing multiple spartan races) and went back to some old heat maps. it crosses another trail on the way to the ski runs. if you kept running south on the trails you cross, you would likely end up back on the yellow (from the pic). check out strava actually I as think this network shows up on there even without the heatmap - I can def find your picture point and from there it is a choose your own adventure of a labyrinth of trails. that entire thing actually all the way down to 23 has some cool stuff. one of the routes (been so long I don't recall which one) has a crazy amount of old cars along the way that frankly I can't even figure out how they got there in the first place.
Oh, I have to find that, I love coming across old things in the woods. Probably a holdover of growing up with all these mining ruins around.

Last edited:

Robin

I rode these trails a few years ago...some were part of the MASS Enduro. We accessed them from pedaling to North peak from Creek but I also drove back to them off 515(?). At that time the trails were clear from the race and my friend had a file to follow. I'm guessing now they are not as maintained.

Skunkape

The area has a lot of potential and I remember there was a push to build more single track several years ago. The existing trails are mostly free of any tech and are used primarily by quads. Also keep in mind the whole area is in wildlife management, so hunting is its main use and there is currently a bear hunt underway.

Top Bottom