High Bridge Flow Trails Status

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Heavy rain last night - probably not ready today.

Here is a FB page - Not sure if it is "the fb page"

pkovo

I went yesteday afternoon. Blue was in good shape. Some of the rough sections on green were a touch rougher, but both trails were fun. Pump track seemed to be in decent shape too.

Cleared some branches and vines laying in the trail, but mostly on the uphill trails and nothing major, the downs were all clear. Left up trail is a little rutted and water damaged, and has a downed tree lying along the trail towards the bottom, but its passable. Overall trails and track similar to last seasons condition. Very fun!

Both trails down were dry and firm. The left uphill was a touch soft in a few spots at the bottom. I’m admittedly not certain how much rain we got, but I didnt think all that much fell here (I’m in HB).

I’m hopeful it will be ok to ride this afternoon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just reference FB or IG, why is this needed here?

Not everyone is on them. I think this is fair enough.

I will also chime in that some work is slated to be done on these trails. I believe they may bring in some loads of better dirt for some of the sections.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Both tracks were in decent shape today. Just a couple of small squishy spots but nothing to prevent riding. It seems to drain really well. Green is definitely in rougher shape than blue but both flowed fine all the way through. Some berms and jumps could use a rework to be super primo. Cleared as many sticks and rocks from the lines as I could.

pkovo

It's running really nice now. The few damp spots in the climb trail are now dry. Just in time for the next round of rain ...doh!

Blue really is in nice shape....better than I would have anticipated after winter. Green to the first hard right which is very sessionable is nice and smooth. The chunkiness doesn't really start until around the halfway down mark.

My daughter and I pulled out half a bag of garbage Sunday evening, mostly from up top, so it's nice a clean too....for now anyway.

So glad these are open again. So fun re-learning how to jump and manual our way through these trails.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention the garbage pile at the top. That really pissed me off. I'd suggest putting a bin up there but then someone would have to empty it regularly. I didn't look or notice but are there bins at the bottom?

pkovo

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention the garbage pile at the top. That really pissed me off. I'd suggest putting a bin up there but then someone would have to empty it regularly. I didn't look or notice but are there bins at the bottom?
I'm over there a lot, so last season I got into the habit of carrying a kitchen garbage bag with me like every other trip and we do some cleanup at the end of our sessions. Luckily the litter isn't too over the top, but it's a bummer to have to do it at all.

Robin

Posted on IG stories

Screenshot_20220518-122419.png

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the pump track and "flow trails" are two different things? I go to Nassau more than anywhere else since moving to Flemington and have never been to either - actually thought it was just a pump track.
The pump track is at the bottom of the flow trails.

JPark

I rode the jump trails yesterday for the first time this year and they are a big improvement over the original configuration.

Top Bottom