High Bridge: NJ’s first professionally built flow trails on public land.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
It's been a while since i've been there but i thought the 2nd jump (long & low double after the first table) was the hardest to clear.

pkovo

After a bit of a hiatus, I've been back here recently.....most recently today. Both flow trails are running great in my opinion. The trails going up are also clear and have been weed wacked relatively recently. The trails down are void of any major ruts etc.

The dirt here has some rocks mixed in, so it isn't perfectly smooth, but short of a topcoat, that is what it is. My weapon of choice here is a fatbike which makes those rocks disappear :)

1st table on blue had the lip extended/worked on relatively recently. I think it probably makes it easier to clear, but for me it tends to kick my rear end up a bit, so it's an adjustment. Not "bad" just different than it was.

The tables lower on blue were also reworked at some point relatively recently and they are a lot better in my opinion....they both send you sailing.

I personally think the design of these trails is great. The blue has a lot of gaps (all roll-able or jump-able or manual-able) that keep it challenging. Although it's easier to over clear the tables on green, there are a lot of sections with rollers that can be treated as doubles for gap jumping or manualing to increase the challenge. I also think you can rail the turns a little harder on the green trail if you attack it with speed.

Personally, I would LOVE to see more trails like this popping up. I think they are super fun. And it doesn't hurt that they can be easily linked to a great ride in the Nassau trails.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
After a bit of a hiatus, I've been back here recently.....most recently today. Both flow trails are running great in my opinion. The trails going up are also clear and have been weed wacked relatively recently. The trails down are void of any major ruts etc.

The dirt here has some rocks mixed in, so it isn't perfectly smooth, but short of a topcoat, that is what it is. My weapon of choice here is a fatbike which makes those rocks disappear :)

1st table on blue had the lip extended/worked on relatively recently. I think it probably makes it easier to clear, but for me it tends to kick my rear end up a bit, so it's an adjustment. Not "bad" just different than it was.

The tables lower on blue were also reworked at some point relatively recently and they are a lot better in my opinion....they both send you sailing.

I personally think the design of these trails is great. The blue has a lot of gaps (all roll-able or jump-able or manual-able) that keep it challenging. Although it's easier to over clear the tables on green, there are a lot of sections with rollers that can be treated as doubles for gap jumping or manualing to increase the challenge. I also think you can rail the turns a little harder on the green trail if you attack it with speed.

Personally, I would LOVE to see more trails like this popping up. I think they are super fun. And it doesn't hurt that they can be easily linked to a great ride in the Nassau trails.
For this kind of facility, sifting the soil is a reasonable maintenance plan for the lips and the berms, or bring in dirt. The benefit is two fold, smoother everything and the tread is more durable since it will pack in more consistently.

Reactions: don

Robin

Are these the new and improved flow trails they were raising money for or same as last year?
Yep same trails as last year. They have been improved since they were originally built but nothing has been done since they closed in the fall.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw on instagram they are going to resurface the flow trials with clay, and they are even planning on paving the pump track.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw on instagram they are going to resurface the flow trials with clay, and they are even planning on paving the pump track.

Can confirm this is *a* plan currently from discussion on this month’s Jorba meeting. I’ve got no idea how long that timeline is but when we know you’ll all know.

You can always sign up for updates to all things jorba here:

Top Bottom