High Bridge: NJ’s first professionally built flow trails on public land.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Group here:

I had no idea this was here either.

it is young!

Agree with the name change - Hi Brig Flo Trey El. Would get my vote ;)
Sounds very chummy. Brigette, Florance, Treymond, and Ellen have be friends since pre-school.

1605533874479.png

pkovo

I rode the flow trails yesterday afternoon and thought they were in GREAT shape. Granted I was on my fatbike so I wouldn’t feel slight imperfections on the trail surface anyway.

I mostly rode blue and boy I think it flows fantastic. I think the layout is basically the same as it was at the end of the season after they made adjustments but it just felt better...faster. The lips on the tables are nice and sharp right now and it seemed easier to clear things.

On green I find it’s easy to over jump some of the features if really going after it, but I imagine that is by design as it should assume a slower speed being the “beginner” option. The one exception is a gap jump towards the bottom which is optional. I found to clear that one I realy had to huck myself a bit harder than I anticipated...but the 35lb steel fatbike could be to blame.

I would like to bring my trialsy DJ but too lazy to push it to the top. Gears for the win!

So excited these are open again!

pkovo

Flow trails in good shape. The second to last double set on blue was reworked 1-2 weeks back. Made less extreme...smaller dip and rollers are less steep.

In the past couple of days the lips on the first table top and first set of doubles seemed to have been worked on and made sharper. Those jumps are fantastic!

some of the corners are a little dry...I found that out the hard way today. But overall great!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Finally made it here. Great effort to get something like this on public land. Some weirdness in the design (like the biggest tabletop is at the top?) but overall fun. Would serve it well to have some consistent maintenance.

JPark

Finally made it here. Great effort to get something like this on public land. Some weirdness in the design (like the biggest tabletop is at the top?) but overall fun. Would serve it well to have some consistent maintenance.
It's actually a lot better now than the original design.
But to your point, it's tough to get enough speed to clear that first table.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But to your point, it's tough to get enough speed to clear that first table.

Yeah, you have to sort of blast out of the gate like a race horse. It's certainly doable but after a few sessions you kinda get tired. And if anyone is watching the margin for error is thin. Chance of looking like a total tool in front of a dozen people is high there.

Top Bottom