high mountain blues?

qclabrat

Spent a few hours at HM today and its a bit of a hidden gem. Got a bit of everything, but not too technical. I esp liked the ramen trail @liong71er Thanks for the tour @C8N
WP_20160327_11_25_51_Pro.jpg

pat_the_cat

I saw you guys while I was heading in. I was on a black Santa Cruz. Awesome day to ride.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 324

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Spent a few hours at HM today and its a bit of a hidden gem. Got a bit of everything, but not too technical. I esp liked the ramen trail @liong71er Thanks for the tour @C8NView attachment 33333
Anytime and please do come back and hope to make it down to CR with the SC.

I saw you guys while I was heading in. I was on a black Santa Cruz. Awesome day to ride.
Coolios! I have never seen so many mtbers at HM. Maybe I just ride too early. lol

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Coolios! I have never seen so many mtbers at HM. Maybe I just ride too early. lol

I think the secret is finally out. I used to never see anyone riding at High Mountain unless they were meeting me there. Now I almost always see others riding when I'm there, and a lot more strava activity too.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think the secret is finally out. I used to never see anyone riding at High Mountain unless they were meeting me there. Now I almost always see others riding when I'm there, and a lot more strava activity too.
Now that you are a MTBNJ team member... can we delete all threads regarding HM?
I like having HM empty lol

But seriously, I now see at least 1 car with a bike rack at the parking lot now and this is 10AM on the weekends. Not to mention, there are number of riders who are either riding in or parking elsewhere because the lot gets full.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I ran into @Berms&Boofs this past weekend and we spoke to a North Haledon cop at the reservoir circle and the cop said that there are mountain lions at HM. Said that their primary domain is more likely Ramapo but they have a 60 mile territory and do come down to HM.
Just putting it out there as working alone might not be the best idea.

liong71er

Thanks for the head up
Let my destiny decide when it really comes down to facing the cat, I'm sure he doesn't like Chinese food.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thanks for the head up
Let my destiny decide when it really comes down to facing the cat, I'm sure he doesn't like Chinese food.
With all your lean muscles... you maybe too tough for him to chew on. Me on the other hand, I'm more like a juicy piglet that melts in his mouth.

In a fight between Liong and a mountain lion, I would put money on Liong.
In a race... I would agree.

Mr.Moto

Thanks for the trail work Liong! We see that feature regularly and wondered how to ride it. My buddy finally decided to try and rolled it last week, but it was pretty steep and sketchy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions