High Mountain Group Rides

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Jack's down is blast and now hike free! Thanks for all the hard work liong71er!!! We had a great group ride and I hit this after the ride. Now we need a new group ride to show off Jack's.
Hike free? Not for this noob :p lol
I rode.... umm walked Jack's tail today. Beautiful work @liong71er !

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I also rode Jacks today but up it (OK did some hiking) and met a couple of the guys from yesterday's group ride. I gotta hit this trail again but ride down it next time. Great trail build liong71er.

liong71er

Going down is more Fun
Not fast but flow with a bit techy.

Going up is a little bit tough
but depending on your skill level,
For expert riders no big deal climbing it or going downhill and also the rocky roller section is challenging but if you maintaining momentum and speed it shouldn't be that hard
Although it is not beginner friendly, in some section it's still manageable/rideable

I'm trying built it to accommodate all skill level

Jack's trail is Still in working progress but it is open for Ride to help break the trails, so come ride it often and jack's trail also linking you to new trail (the Ancient trails)

Liong

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm trying built it to accommodate all skill level
Then I guess you would not mind if I lay down some asphalt and flatten it out?
I kid... well.... lol

But seriously... the trail looks great and can tell you put a lot of work into it. thank you so much!

liong71er

Then I guess you would not mind if I lay down some asphalt and flatten it out?
I kid... well.... lol

But seriously... the trail looks great and can tell you put a lot of work into it. thank you so much!
Lol..sure be my guest
I was going to flatten it all out anyway but it's too damn Rockies!!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Lol..sure be my guest
I was going to flatten it all out anyway but it's too damn Rockies!!
When I was there and saw how bumpy it was... I was thinking "did Liong get a fatbike?" lol

Need to dust off the squishy bike and try Jack again.

rayder

I'm hoping to get out and ride High Mountain around 3:30pm tomorrow. You guys are welcome to join if you can make it that early.

Thanks but not able to get out that early during the week. Maybe some weekend soon

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
OK, no idea how conditions will be this weekend but if ok, would anyone be interested in giving me a proper tour of HM? I'm also off on Monday if that works better for someone. Reply or PM me, thanks.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, no idea how conditions will be this weekend but if ok, would anyone be interested in giving me a proper tour of HM? I'm also off on Monday if that works better for someone. Reply or PM me, thanks.

Conditions will be excellent. @Berms&Boofs is the official tour guide, but I might be able to show you around as well. Saturday is booked, but I can probably get out for a bit on Sunday. I won't know until tomorrow night though.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK awesome! Let me know.

I've been down with a cold the past two days, but I'm hoping to get out and ride tomorrow. There's a 50% chance or so that I will bail on you if we make plans though. Assuming I don't feel like crap tomorrow, I'll be looking to ride around 11am or so. I will PM you in the morning and let you know if that's actually going to happen.

You could also try posting in the High Mountain group on Strava (https://www.strava.com/clubs/42272) to line up a more reliable tour. I'm sure some of the locals on there will be out riding tomorrow.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions