History/World War 2 books

I've reading so much in the last two years regarding the international relations and politics of WW2, not so much the battles and it's so fascinating. Can't take on more books now as we're also planning an exit soon.

for donation, local senior center(s) may be interested. or check out booksbehindbarsnj, although prisons do ban lots of books.

@Mtbdog what's your favorite books on WW2? I've been listening to audiobooks recently since the Oppenheimer movie but realized I didn't know much about Mussolini and the rise of fascism.

@Mtbdog what's your favorite books on WW2? I've been listening to audiobooks recently since the Oppenheimer movie but realized I didn't know much about Mussolini and the rise of fascism.
That encyclopedia set gets into the root causes and machinations that led to the rise of fascism and cults of personality, leading to the dictatorships.
I would recommend books by William L.Shirer(sp) and Stephen Ambrose.
A lot of the books I have touch on the political but mostly its the battles and how they developed and what tools were available.

That encyclopedia set gets into the root causes and machinations that led to the rise of fascism and cults of personality, leading to the dictatorships.
I would recommend books by William L.Shirer(sp) and Stephen Ambrose.
A lot of the books I have touch on the political but mostly its the battles and how they developed and what tools were available.
That is interesting. Mostly because having directly transferred knowledge of that historical period it would be interesting to know what the official story is. Back in the old country they conveniently left out from the history books the actual root cause leading to the general idea that the stubby guy became a dictator overnight just because he woke up like that (I exaggerate obviously).

Back
Top Bottom