Inexpensive helmet recommendations?

slenderman

Looking for a new helmet. I’m wondering if anyone has an inexpensive recommendation? Looking to buy in store so I can make sure it fits properly. I’m fairly new so I’m trying to get a proper fit, my current helmet is old and probably could fit a little better...

(if there’s a better thread to post this lmk)

Thanks in advance!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Second the spend for the helmet, get one thats comfortable and dont worry too much about price, it is protecting your most valuable asset. Go to a bike shop, try on a couple, find what you like and buy it.

FYI bontrager has a 30day guarantee on that if you dont like it in 30 days for any reason they will accept it back with the receipt.

slenderman

Second the spend for the helmet, get one thats comfortable and dont worry too much about price, it is protecting your most valuable asset. Go to a bike shop, try on a couple, find what you like and buy it.

FYI bontrager has a 30day guarantee on that if you dont like it in 30 days for any reason they will accept it back with the receipt.

Totally agree that you need to protect the melon. Any recommendations on a shop with a larger selection? The couple that I’ve been to are very limited with what they have in store.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
If you have a 5 dollar head get 5 dollar helmet, if your S.O. has an insurance policy that makes you worth more dead get the best you can afford, I think my wife cut my brake cable.

TimBay

Look for sales too. I got a great deal on a bontrager through a local shops price match

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Totally agree that you need to protect the melon. Any recommendations on a shop with a larger selection? The couple that I’ve been to are very limited with what they have in store.

i go to bicycle tech in lincoln park, they always seem to have a variety of road and mountain styled helmets, and they can usually get any bontrager stuff in a day.

Kaleidopete

I think they also have the rule if you crash it they will replace it free.

rick81721

Lothar
Looking for a new helmet. I’m wondering if anyone has an inexpensive recommendation? Looking to buy in store so I can make sure it fits properly. I’m fairly new so I’m trying to get a proper fit, my current helmet is old and probably could fit a little better...

(if there’s a better thread to post this lmk)

Thanks in advance!

Any local bike shop will have a wide selection/price points. I always go to Halters in Rocky Hill

steve_mtb

I bought a bontrager when I did the NJ fonda ride, comfortable. My head is worth the $100

Top Bottom