It's just a training blog bro

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It hard for me to get on board with the hydration pack the same as it is hard for me to see how a white helmet fits with that jersey color. But I think that fits into me becoming a retro grouch.
Black helmets and shoes are out

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Black helmets and shoes are out
1712092105533.png

Not with yellow jerseys

I had 3 hours worth of fuel in my pack, 2 liters of water, 270g of Formula369, forgot I took a photo of that:
View attachment 235444

Trying to drink while all of this shit is going on is impossible, so I was spot on with running the pack. Last thing I wanted to do was lose a bottle, or eat shit trying to drink/put a bottle back. Being able to drink whenever I wanted is a game changer.

The negative with the pack is you never know how much you are drinking. I realized I was going to be short at around 2 hours when I flicked my pack and it felt mostly empty. I also had a bottle of water on my bike for mental purposes, wash the dust off my lips, drink it while contemplating how my gut can tolerate 100g of carbs an hour, etc.
Most races are lost for a simple reason like this. We put all the planning into our skills, bike prep etc but forget that the race is an hour longer than you prepared for.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Most races are lost for a simple reason like this. We put all the planning into our skills, bike prep etc but forget that the race is an hour longer than you prepared for.
it got warmer than i expected by the end which didnt help... i thought 3 "regular" size bottles would have been good for 3 hours, but i must have wanted to clear some of that dust outta my mouth lol

i dont think i could/should take in more carbs than that in 3 hours, but maybe i can graduate to to an extra 10-20g more, or i just need more actual fluid then i thought!

Last edited:
it got warmer than i expected by the end which didnt help... i thought 3 "regular" size bottles would have been good for 3 hours, but i must have wanted to clear some of that dust outta my mouth lol

i dont think i could/should take in more carbs than that in 3 hours, but maybe i can graduate to to an extra 10-20g more, or i just need more actual fluid then i thought!
Try combining with a gel. You can handle more carbs that when when the source is different.

Top Bottom