Jungle Habitat Conditions

k4z00

Went up for a walk around after work to see if it'd be ride able this weekend. The only part even remotely usable would be the second half of warthog, if you were going clockwise.

And only that because it's basically 100% rock, and even some of them are flooded.

You can see some tracks where dumb asses have ridden, with 6 inch ruts and water flowing through them.

-Note: I didn't go up the mountain towards Rhino, where it "might" be somewhat drained from being up the mountain.

I wouldn't ride it unless you really want to piss people off.

UnionRider475

Unless you want to ride the roads and the parking lots , it's simply not ready . Very wet still . Maybe next weekend ?

Bora

I was riding there today- Parking lot and roads. The trails are still wet- I walked to Animal Chute to take pics- a lot of mud and the soil is very soft. Haven't checked the Warthog, but I think the parts of the trail without rocks are similar to AC.

Last edited:

UnionRider475

I was riding there today- Parking lot and roads. The trails are still wet- I walked to Animal Chute to take pics- a lot of mud and the soil is very soft. Haven't checked the Warthog, but I think the parts of the trail without rocks are similar to AC.

Thanks for the report and pics - I'm planning on doing the same Tuesday

k4z00

Rode most of Jungle today. There are a few areas still not 100% drained, so it's best to hop off and walk around them, but for the most part the ground is tacky and good to go.:)

Bora

Animal Chute lower part has some washed out areas, Warthog is all nice and dry. It was a nice day in the forest!!!

gtluke

The Moped
Too lazy to type on my phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313896176967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313896176967.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 665
Update as of High Noon 10/7/11

Rode the Jungle around 10:30 this morning. Did Animal Chute, Warthog, Otter Slide, I think goat (didn't see sign/marker), ended up on Hippo...before heading out on Lower Chute....

Chute was looking good on both ends. Warthog was surprisingly very wet about half way out..a lot of standing water in the normal run off areas and many O' mud patch. I rode JH about a week to week and 1/2 after Irene and don't remember Warthog looking as bad as it did this morning.

Otter was awesome...however...

Many of those little brown leaves are starting to cover the rocks and you really have to pay attention to the orange markers to keep from losing the trail.

Lower part of yellow (not sure if it was goat or hippo) was a little wet in some run-off areas as well.

Overall looking good for the weekend. Just (tread lightly) on Warthog and ride through the mud and standing water to keep the single-track.....uh (single).

10/21 Update

Some wet areas and mud on animal chute...

Finally found the skunk bypass and skipped the mud bog on lower and middle warthog. Even upper warthog (beyond skunk) was slick and wet in several areas. Otter slide was in good shape. Lots of leaves down everywhere. lower goat also had some slick and wet areas.

lower chute had a few wet spots as well and there were some thick berry bushes down about midway up, looked like either trail sabotage or a hungry bear tussled through like a bull in a china shop (tried to pull a few out of the way).

picked up many fallen limbs/branches off all aforementioned trails

hopefully JH will dry out more over the weekend.

btw.....there is a car/air show going on at JH Sat & Sun. this weekend. (gates were open at kiosk) and they were putting cones out to direct traffic....

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions